Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Golden Anniversary Rider
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I finally got around to installing the floorboards I purchased from a forum member.

Also installed my Arkansas 'Antique' tags!

Here are a couple pictures:

·
Vintage Rider
2,410 Posts
imported post

Best of luck with those floorboards and that heel and toe shifter. I couldn't get mine off fast enough.

·
Premium Member
574 Posts
imported post

Looks good some here won't use them but it is a personal choice.
Be mindful of your shoe laces, don't ask how I know. Tuck them in,nough said.

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
imported post

That looks like a really nice set up.

>>>>>>>>Action

·
Vintage Rider
2,410 Posts
imported post

I was unable to get my feet on the ground with them, they stuck out too far. I tried out a Yamaha Majesty recently, and had the same issue. Floorboard stuck out to far for me to reach the ground on both sides. I also tried a Silverwing, and it worked fine. It has cutouts in the floorboards so you can put your feet straight down beside it, solidly on the ground. I would have eventually have dropped the Goldwing with the floorboards, same with the Majesty, and it's only 400cc. And I have a 34" inseam, and have put a lot of miles on a KLR650 with no problems. But it is a very narrow bike.

BTW, that is a really nice Interstate you have there. Looks almost new. And I love the nice clean look without all the "bling"

·
Golden Anniversary Rider
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
imported post

JerryH wrote:
BTW, that is a really nice Interstate you have there. Looks almost new. And I love the nice clean look without all the "bling"
I don't like 'extras' that aren't useful. Bike turned over 30,340 miles yesterday during a 212 mile ride during Bikes, Blues, & BBQ.

I am second owner. Original owner only put 24,000 miles on it's first 23-1/2 years! I have had it 1-3/4 years.:)

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
imported post

Could you tell me who makes that heel and toe shifter? My knee dosen't bend very well any suggestions.

Thx.

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
imported post

Looks good. I ended up reversing the Markland driver boards, seemed to work better for me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.