Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

In case any of you are unaware a member of the GB Club is importing quite a few accessories at around 50% of the UK prices. His name is Steve and he is an Airline steward who travels to the States around twice weekly bringing items back with him.

Example is the new clear lights for £138 both sets. He currently sells the stuff on Ebay if you look under a search for Honda Goldwing. He has several of the light kits left along with quite a few of the latest 'must have' items. You tell him what you want and he gets it. He is also looking at bringing back small items like brake pads, filters etc at well below UK and Ireland prices. :)

I have a mobile number for him I can PMif anyone needs to make contact as he has items left at home which didn't sell on ebay. You can view his current items which appear now and again on following link:-

http://cgi6.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=stephencd1&include=0&am

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
imported post

He doesn't seem to be selling items on Ebay at present. I hope his other prices are better, £138 sterling isn't exactly a bargain as thats around €210 or $375. Is that because they are hard to get at present I wonder?

·
Premium Member
1,088 Posts
imported post

I suppose you can't blame the chap for taking advantage of the shortage of clear lights. People are paying over the odds for them in the USA as well.

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

Just to let everybody know ,,the first week in January around 10 000 sets of euro lenses will be available to the market ,,,I have that on good authority ,,,The first batch that came in were to see if there was a market for them and they were snapped up,but from Jan there will be no shortage ,,,Ciaran

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
imported post

Good time to buy from the USA with the $ so low. When the Euro came out first it was almost the exact opposite situation!

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
imported post

Hi there

Have you tried Sabre over in USA they ship stuff over to me in the UK direct and adding customs and import charges they still work out very competitive.

Here is the link if your interested http://www.saber-cycle.com

I've saved several hundred pounds by using them.

Rod.......

All the best for Christmas

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

WARNING Saber cycles will NOT export to the republic of Ireland ,They are the most ignorant people I have ever had to deal with ,,They class the REPUBLIC OF IRELAND in the same class as the countries where all the scams start from ...I have had several e mails from these people about a year ago when I was trying to buy some bits for my 1500,they will ship to the UK including northern Ireland ,but ,nigeria ,eastern europe and REP OF IRELAND they wont ship to ,,,SO I say ,let them go to hell ,,There are lots of other great businesses out there more than willing to ship here ,,,If anybody from SABER is reading this post ,,WE ARE NOT THIEVES OR CON MEN HERE IN IRELAND ,And the fact that we deal with all American companies and NEVER had a problem is proof enough ,,

If they were giving away the stuff for free I still would not deal with this company ,,

I dont get angry very often ,,but this company really sent me over the top last year with their attidude to IRISH PEOPLE :whip::whip::whip::whip::whip::whip::whip::whip::whip:.....cheers Ciaran

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Hey wexman, :waving: I couldn't have said it better myself. :clapper:How I would like to describe this outfit, :crying:the wordswould not be allowed on this forum. :whip: Thank God for Sam at http://www.wingtoys.com/

:santahat: :18red: :santahat:

·
Premium Member
3,776 Posts
imported post

:shock: I can't believe this place, folks posting before 8:00am on Christmas morning...

Is there absolutely no life outside of this forum.....?

I,uh,er-well just kinda' happened by on my way to the kitchen for a coffee refill.You know, just curious if everyone was visited by Santa or what...

Redwing, I'm almost ready to give you some holiday manna, as I'm sure you got at least one lump of coal in your stocking. ;)

Merry Christmas my friends, stay safe in the new year....

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Hey Mr 1200, :waving: I must agree with your comments in regard to the above named companies, :clapper:nice people to deal with, but I have found Sam at http://www.wingtoys.com/ in Texas absolutely brilliant to deal with, :clapper:and will always throw in a few bits and pieces for luck. :clapper:

:leprechaun: :18red: :leprechaun:

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Shooter wrote:
:shock: I can't believe this place, folks posting before 8:00am on Christmas morning...

Is there absolutely no life outside of this forum.....?

Redwing, I'm almost ready to give you some holiday manna, as I'm sure you got at least one lump of coal in your stocking. ;)

Merry Christmas my friends, stay safe in the new year....
Hey Shooter, :waving: First mesg on this topic by wexman at11.51hrs, :clapper:thats long after 0800hrs. :gunhead: I had 600 cows milked by 0800hrs,:baffled:a days work for most people. :whip: Presents from :santahat:include Kuryakyn footpegs and brake pedal, Chrome valve covers, Chrome upper air vents and a new set of golf balls to try and help my handicap, still playing of 6 so maybe the balls will help. :crying:but I still need more "Mana"

:leprechaun: :18red: :leprechaun:

·
The Irish Crew
3,932 Posts
imported post

I agree with the view expressed about Sabre USA. I know plenty of people (including me) that had bad results dealing with them. On the other hand, I've found that all the other US companies I dealt with for bike stuff were always very helpful and courteous and promt to reply to my questions.

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
imported post

I have ordered parts on the net off Chrisschrome and also Saber cycle without any problems to the UK, The goods arrived 11 days and 9 days respectively with of course the extra payments to Parcel force and Customs and Extortion sorry excise, i did find that with Chrisschrome i had to email my order to them and they promptly replied with a list of the parts they had in stock and the total price inc postage and packing i then phoned my card details through to them, the online ordering system is only for US and nearby islands etc.

Saber,s site has online ordering for the UK and i used that method for ordering parts, not really knowing what postal service to use i chose a standard delivery option, later the same day i received an email of them asking if i wanted a speadier airmail option for a couple of dollars more, i replied yes and received my parts 9 days later well wrapped and a few extra self adhesive GW EMBLEMS thrown in at no extra charge as i dont live in the Republic of Ireland i can only speak of my treatment by Saberto me inthe Uk which in my opinion was fine, Sabers online ordering system is very good but you can sure get carried away with your spending as i did:Dand then get confronted on the doorstep by the postman with the bill for the customs duty.:shock:eek:uch!

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Malc Force wrote:
Saber cycle
Hey Malc Force, :waving:The next time your talking to someone insaber cycle:crying: ask to speak to someone in management and let them know what their thought of in The Rep.of Ireland.:whip: If they offered me parts for nothing I wouldn't take them. :whip: They are an absolute disgrace. :whip: Dont be wasting your time pleading a case for them. :baffled:

:coollep: :18red: :coollep:

·
The Irish Crew
3,932 Posts
imported post

Hey Redwing, Malcforce is right about Saber UK. They are an agency run by I think Ron Wylie and are much more reliable than the US crowd. They even sorted a problem out that one of my mates had with Saber USA once. Top marks to Ron, the UK branch deserves a mention, sorry I didn't think of it sooner. :dude:

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

FitzAl wrote:
Hey Redwing, Malcforce is right about Saber UK. They are an agency run by I think Ron Wylie and are much more reliable than the US crowd. They even sorted a problem out that one of my mates had with Saber USA once.
Didn't have any dealings with saber uk. :waving:It's those wan**** in the US im talking about. :whip: Happy new year FitzAl. :clapper:

:coollep: :18red: :coollep:

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
imported post

To put the record straight i dealt with Saber in the US of A and the transaction was done entirely through the internet i dont know who dealt with it in the US, As i stated before i have only dealt with them delivering tomy home address inthe UK, as some of you have stated it seems quite a different story ordering from the Irish Republic SO BUYER BEWARE!. BTW i have just edited my previous posting as it may have been interpreted that Saber had a UK branch what was meant was my satisfaction with dealing with Saber and my delivery to the UK sorry for the missunderstanding.

Yours Malc.:gunhead:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.