Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Going to look at a used Corbin and hitch for my 1500,Seller is willing to let me put the seat on my bike and take a ride to try it out.I know some love the Corbins and some hate them.If you can reply this AM and have or have used a Corbin Let me know your opinion,going to see him around noon.

He wants $400 for the seat,$150 for the hitch.Told himI would not be interested at those prices,he invited me to come look and said we can deal.

If I like the seat would anything under the asking price be reasonable?

MostlyI want the hitch,thinking $100 would be fair enough.

Farmer

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
imported post

I rode my brother-in-laws wing with corbin seat from wisconsin to arkansas. I thought it was ok, my wife hated it. She kept sliding down. I really don't understand what makes them worth so much money? $100.00 for used hitch is fair price.

·
Premium Member
1,317 Posts
imported post

I wouldn't hesitate to pay $400 for it if it's in good condition. I've found nothing I like as well as a Corbin, provided it fits you. My last one was made for someone with shorter legs and running boards. It caused cramps in my thighs.
Here is one for sale in Wisconsin. I wish it was for sale before I bought my Hartco.

http://appleton.craigslist.org/mcy/2496641208.html

·
The Irish Crew
3,932 Posts
imported post

Those saddles are at least double that price. That one should be broken in, they take a few thousand miles to soften up. If you are short on legs, about 29" or less you will find the Corbin gets you closer to the ground. Tall people with longer legs won't need that bonus advantage.

·
Just one of the guys
4,799 Posts
imported post

I agree with the $100 for the hitch.

The seat price is not too bad but in these economics you might get it for less. If the seat fits you perfectly it could well be worth that price to you. Every butt is a bit different so the brand or model of the seat means nothing unless the fit is right.

·
Premium Member
991 Posts
imported post

Corbins are not for everyone. I had one on my Wing and notched up 2000 miles. I never liked it, too hard for both the wife and me. The lower height didn't interest me, I'm 5' 10" and a 33" leg.
I sold the Corbin at the British Treffen and bought a Road Sofa which we both like better. I have some issues with the build quality or fit of the Road Sofa, but comfort isn't one of them.

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
imported post

Got a corbin now and if it fit me like it should I would like it. Unfortunately it was made for a larger rider and judging by the seat height taller than six foot. It's an older seat and the foam is in great shape but it's heavy and too wide. I'll prolly get it to a shop and see about getting it cut down and recovered.

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Thanks for the replys,I did buy the seat and the hitch.Got the hitch for $100 but he wouldn't budge on the seat.It came with a riders and pillion back rest.He also threw in a rain cover he said he cost $100 and never used.Put it on the bike and took a short ride before deciding,liked the fit.The seller and I were about the same size.The ride home was about 70 miles and I'm thinking it will be just fine.It will take some time to get used to the firmness,but I usually throw a sheepskin on for all day rides and that should help some too.If after a few thousand miles and I don't like it after that at least I should be able to get most of my money back.

Thanks again,this is a great forum to have the privalege of particapating in.

Now to figure out what I want for a trailer.

Farmer

·
Premium Member
3,703 Posts
imported post

What color is it? :?

Just curious .... I have a Corbin on my 1200 since '97 and I LOVE IT and I want a Corbin for the 1500 trike.

:congrats:

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

Red bike,New seat is Black,looks very good.

Farmer

·
Premium Member
3,703 Posts
imported post

jmrehn wrote:
Red bike,New seat is Black,looks very good.

Farmer
That would have been my color too!

Congrats .... You'll love it I think.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.