Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

From the home of the $400 battery cover, I bring the the $250 light lenses...

If someone is ok with paying this kind of price, I dont blame him for listing it that high...

·
Premium Member
454 Posts
imported post

Are they selling this to the military? Sounds like a 500 dollar hammer. What a rip off.

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

They keep listing that stuff with high prices and it never sells. I commented to them twice about their high prices and they basically blow you off.

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,841 Posts
imported post

It's the second owner that I knowof running the place too. I thought the first guy had pretty high prices for a lot of stuff but the new owner seems to have raised that standard. Maybe he's trying to recoop all of his business purchase price in the first year. :D

John

·
Premium Member
6,097 Posts
imported post

Come on guys,,, times are tough down here in Florida...

The recession in land sales has killed our swamp land swindles...:(

The LEO's have put an end to illict farming in the deep woods... :coollep:

So what else is left to do,,,,

Anybody interested in buying a blivit I have?? :cheeky1:

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Wow, that was a fast post cleanup!

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

RayandTracy wrote:
Bagmaster wrote:
Wow, that was a fast post cleanup!
lol

:D
So fast I didn't even see your first post. :cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
6,947 Posts
imported post

That particular piece of trunk garnish didn't sell for that much new from Mother.

My favorite is this one:

GL1100 Passenger Armrests

Versus:

The Same Thing Brand New

:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
12,841 Posts
imported post

I missed his post too, but I'm guessing from his profile, mikecutter, maybe is his the current or former owner? I know the former owner was named Mike. I am not sure it changed ownership, but I know it was up for sale at one time, and then it changed names and I believe locations. Anyone know for sure?

To the owner of Used Goldwing Parts Inc., if you're watching this thread, not trying to bust your chops, but some of your prices are a bit out there. You will make more money in the long run with reasonable prices, because your sales volume will increase. Many successful companies figured this out, think Walmart, McDonalds, etc. I bought a couple of parts from you a few years ago, and was looking for more, but your prices on what I was looking for were so over the top I looked until I found more reasonable prices elsewhere. I'm betting there are many more potential customers that have done the same thing. JMHO

John

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
imported post

I made them an offer on some 82 rear trunk mounts and they would not come off there price.I figured that the item they were selling wasn't what,I would call a big seller,they evidently share my opinion.They still have them

·
12,841 Posts
imported post

mikecutter wrote:
Just pointing out real facts which are over looked by thin wallets...
Another helpful hint for you sir, coming on one of the most popular Goldwing forums in the world and insulting it's members is not good for a dealer of used Goldwing parts. ;) Do your realize that those people with 'thin wallets' are your biggest potential? Many of us ride older Goldwings because we can't afford new models, and since you deal in older Goldwing parts, we are your customer base.

John

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
imported post

You forget e-bay charges a 25% selling fee...comes off the top...anyway just because they are still there does not mean we have not sold any...with the amount of bikes we have had, my guess is I have 5 sets for sale...not a big seller but well worth $45.00 if it comes with the plastic insert...ya I know the parts...

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
imported post

25%? It must have gone up. I dont recall it being that high.

Mike, there's the buyer here. If they want to pay those prices, thats up to them. No problems there. But its still up to us to decide how we view those prices. Dont come on here and tell us how "smart" we are, when we are merely practicing free market stuff.

I hope you can sell all you have at your prices, for your sake. But please, dont insult us.

I just checked ebay, and your 25% is a bit high. Same math as setting your prices?

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
imported post

so... 25% is a load of feldercarp, if you ask me.

A $400 item sold will be charged $16.19, if my three years of third grade dont fail me, which is just over 4%.

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
imported post

BTW- credit where credit is due, I respect your EZ Return Policy:clapper:

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
imported post

If you use an auction style listing for 30 days they charge the fees at a higher rate....

I just sold an item for $325.00 and was charged $30.00 + for the sale by e-bay...then paypal takes 3.5% of the top. Plus listing fees... I would be happy if the charged $16.00 only...heck would sell the part for less....

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

mikecutter wrote:
Just pointing out real facts which are over looked by thin wallets...
I think you are fighting a losing battle here ,dont dig yourself in any deeper :)No matter how big my wallet would be ,I still dont likehigh prices:)

Since the birth of the internet it is so easy to compare prices on goods andif everybody says you are way over pricedthen aitwould be a good idea tolisten to the customers and take note .Try lowering you prices on a few items and see does it make a diffference ,You are still making a healthy profit and the customer feels you are not robbing them, the more happy customers that buy the more customers will buy ,Ciaran

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
imported post

Ok guys, let’s put a stop to this…

I am pretty sure that many of you ride the old bikes because you love them...they offer a little bit of old history, a bike that someone walks past a Harley to look at, one that brings memories of yester-year, A machine for it’s time that was a king! The LTD and the SEI being likened to the space shuttle…a maze of wires and wonders, with features that even today still astounds me.

I am shocked to see such vindictiveness from a group of Goldwing riders…it reminds me of why I stopped selling sport bike parts….

If you do not like the prices I understand, please shop around…that’s what this world is built on. There is no reason to post smart baseless comments, if you have no experience in obtaining the parts to sell… It takes 12 to 14 hours per day 5 days a week and many times on Saturday.

I understand some riders are on tight budgets and have always tried to work with them…I have even gotten burned doing this, but I carry no hard feelings…

I simply say this to the FORM before you judge the prices, look at all the facts…a 2 stage paint job on a battery side cover, with clear coat and pin stripe is over $200.00…buy one on e-bay for $150.00 and you’re at my price, once you get it painted.

The Interstate trunk light which Honda does not offer anymore is almost impossible to find in good shape… A Good emblem, clear lens, no stress cracks… If you have had your wing from brand new, then you would want a top quality light to replace yours if it was damaged…

Before Saber came out with the copy of the GL1100 Markland swing out arm-rest, I was one of the very few people who had a new old stock from them….a copy is a copy, by all means if this is what the budget affords, I would make the purchase…I tell people the same thing.

Some parts are getting very very hard to find and you just cannot give them away for free…trust me guys I am not getting rich out here…I’m working hard for every dime I make.

I will not go back and forth tossing insults on the form, ( I came for entertainment and information) I am sure we all have better things to…

If I have hurt ANY feelings, I apologize.

I again simply ask that ALL is considered when posting comments about my prices.

Mike Cutter
Owner (from the beginning)
Used Goldwing Parts, Inc

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.