Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Does anyone have a voyager or insta trike for 86 gl 1200 sei for sale?

·
Premium Member
4,401 Posts
imported post

There is one on Fleabay right now for sale in Florida. I think bidding is @ $2500+ right now. Kit is $4095 new. You should check it out.

http://tinyurl.com/3crv28

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

Be sure whatever you buy used has what it needs to mount to your specific model. If not, you can pay upwards of another $800 - $1000 for the mount kit on some brands.

Voyager is one of them.

http://tinyurl.com/3crv28

(Unbold it first SB)

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Thanks Guys,

I'll keep the mount type in mind when I check on one.

Cecil

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
imported post

Have a"B" kit for larger dressers was used on A harley electraglide
Painted black, all hardware. Will have to check with voyager to see
If different hardware is needed, but the kit itself will fit large Hondas
For sale $2,800.00 obo I'm in NC

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
imported post

I bought a new mounting belly plate kit for my '85 GL1200 from MTCvoyager for $534. The Voyager was used from a GL1500 and the mounting plate would not work.

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
imported post

I have a friend that has one he is wanting to sell. He had it mounted on a Yamaha Venture, then he mounted in on a 99 Road King for a while. It is pretty much universal as we were going to put in on my 2006 Suzuki C90T then I sold it. He is TX right now but when he get back the first part of next week, if you are still interested in one I will put you in touch with him.

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
imported post

Hi all,
I know this is an old thread, but I too am looking for a trike conversion kit.
Must be from a 2002 onwards Goldwing and include mount to bike.
Any one out there got one, would appreciate some noise from you.
Looking to purchase in next month or so. Will need to find one by beginning of April or I will have to order new one.
I know there are several makes out there, but probably any one of them will do.

Thanks, in advance.

BTW, we are looking for one in US, not NZ or anywhere else.:waving:

·
Premium Member
1,137 Posts
imported post

Me&BC wrote:
Hi all,
I know this is an old thread, but I too am looking for a trike conversion kit.
Must be from a 2002 onwards Goldwing and include mount to bike.
Any one out there got one, would appreciate some noise from you.
Looking to purchase in next month or so. Will need to find one by beginning of April or I will have to order new one.
I know there are several makes out there, but probably any one of them will do.

Thanks, in advance.

BTW, we are looking for one in US, not NZ or anywhere else.:waving:
If you are going to buy NEW, seriously look at the Tow-Pac insta-trike vs the Voyager. The Voyager will lower your ground clearance using a belly pan type of mount, where as the insta-trike uses a mounted receiver hitch for the main mount. JMHO & $00.02 worth......-Rich

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
imported post

I'm starting to agree with this:

"If you are going to buy NEW, seriously look at the Tow-Pac insta-trike vs the Voyager"

the voyager does seem to be hellishly close to the ground - not a lot of good for driving over some of the un-metalled roads in US.

Tow-Pac say it's not suitable for non-paved roads, but I notice the whole sub-assembly is only held on by U-bolts, so they are probably right.
Trigg is a VERY nice looking kit, seems strong and is trailing torsion bars - good idea, but it is also a reasonably permanant fitment - at least, it's not a 5-minute removal process.
I want it so I can tour around US, with a trailer, go onto unpaved roads and have the stability of three-wheels, then be able to take it off and ride it around as a bike - two-wheelers are so much more fun, but for what I am using the trike part for is to be able to see much more of the US by going onto the unpaved areas.
In fact, if the Tow-Pac was much sturdier and bolted properly to the frame, I'd be a happy camper, but I'm a little concerned about the U-bolt idea, especially when towing a 400Kg trailer!!
Anyone had any experience with this?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
imported post

:waving:ME&BC I have a tow-pac and love it.About the mounting its not just u bolts after the receiver slides in place it has a 3/4 inch bolt with a flat plate that goes against the back side of your hitch as you tighten it up it wont let the kit come out of your receiver.As for the trailer towing I also tow a trailer with mine and never had a problem.The wife has ridden in the trailer dureing a christmas parade and thru toys out to the kids.It is independent suspension so the wheels stay on the ground just like a regular trike would.

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
imported post

Pate, thanks for some real-world experience :smiler:
It certainly helps to have someones opinion of an experience, rather than a mate of a second cousin, twice removed's best mates auntie!
Is the main bike mount bolted to any substantial part of the frame apart from the u-bolts?
Is there a belly-pan assembly that the unit bolts to?
What would you say about whether it is capable to being used on reasonable unpaved roads - would it stand up to a few hundred miles of vibration? By this I don't mean a road full of potholes, just a deset road or a dust track (summer time).
Thanks for your opinion.

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
imported post

Yes it would stand up to what I would call rough roads.I live in the country myself and roads not being so perfect.What it actually does is stradles your bike and the trailer hitch has ,I think 2 inch wings comeing off of each side and the tow-pac sits on top of it with nylon bushings in between so there isnt any metal rubbing against each other.Not telling you which way to go but tow-pac is a very good alternative,Plus the wife can drive now and I just sit back and enjoy..You can make it as nice as you want if you notice my avatar,I have added 32 ford tear drop lights to the back of my fenders and lights around it.The lights are for safety porposes and also to look good..

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
imported post

it is time for a tire replacement as the 4.80x12 bias ply have done their time on my GL 1800.
Question for all of those out there that have gone to a radial ply tire. What brand and size did you use?
Kenda makes a trailer tire but it is 10 ply, likely ride hard.
Secura brand trailer tire is an 8 ply both of these are 145-R12 at about 21.3 inches tall.
Yokahama has a passenger car tire the Y372 series in 145/SR12 which is a replacement tire for the 93 Ford Festiva.
Who has done what and how did it turn out?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
imported post

Hi,

I have the tow-pac on my 2002 Goldwing. I think it is great but before anyone on this forum goes out and installs any kind of kit on their 2001 Wing or newer should consider that they are connecting to an aluminum frame and not steel. I had my frame crack which I believe was not the problem of the kit but an engineering probem in the thickness of the frame at the welds. Honda knows about the problem since they had a recall for this issue. If you connect a hitch or any other device to these frames my experience and many other riders is that Honda will use this as an escape not to stand behind their poor engineering. I live close to Tow-Pac so the owner helped me to get my bike repair through his fab shop atmy expenseusing Honda's recommendations for the repair. If you do a search you will find the pictures of my frame. Just sending along information to make you aware.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.