Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hello everyone, I am looking for an 84/85 Gl1200 waterpump. I am hoping that someone on this forum has an old one sitting around collecting dust. If you have one, would you be willing to part with it and donate it to my cause? If so I will be willing to pay for the shipping. Just PM me with your paypal email address and I will send the funds to your account or I can put it in the mail to you. I will also give you my address to ship the pump. This is what it looks like. I would like to get at least 3 pumps. Thanks guys, your the best.

Attachments

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts
imported post

Whatcha building?? :cheesygrin:

I might be able to help you out. I have a couple of junk blocks that should still have the water pumps. I'll have to pull them for you and may not get to it for a week or two if you can wait. :waving:

John

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Thanks John, a week or two will not kill me.:sadguy: My bike has been waiting1 1/2 years for me to replace the water pump.:shock: I am trying to rebuild my water pump. I found all the parts I need except for the mechanical seal. No one carries them except for a couple of china manufacturing companies whom wants me to purchase 500+ units.:surprised:I might as well purchase the new water pump. However I don't have $130+ dollars to buy one. So I will try to remove the existing mechanical seal from an old unit an reinstall it on my water pump. I am hoping that this experiment works and I get no more leaks. If so I will be sharing this new technique with the whole forum. It is outrageous what they charge for a water pump these days. Let me know if you have a couple to donate to me and let me know what the shipping cost will be. Thanks I know it's a long shot, but I am willing to try.

Jim

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts
imported post

Good enough. I'll get them to you as soon as I can. :waving:

John

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Thanks John, I appreciate your kindness to help out a another winger.

Jim

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.