Registered
105 Posts
imported post

Bring it, ferret boy!

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
imported post

Let me start off by saying I am new to this board but not to Goldwings. I have been working on them since 1976. Hard to believe I am that old :>;) . I have a small business in Ohio where I restore Wings. I have purchased at least 10 carb sets from Classic Cycle Parts and have been happy with both has product and service.

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
imported post

Be careful Orat, one of the guys here in Texas got kicked off this board for being a parts dealer. He's knowledgeable about Wings and parts, but apparently you can't make any money by selling them through here. That's what I've been told anyways...

Raymond

·
Premium Member
2,144 Posts
imported post

Thanks wexman. That's cool. Try our shop........http://www.recyclemotorcycles.com/

We just might have what you want. I've become the 1100 Goldwing consultant at the shop and our Mechanic has a 1989 1500. Feel free to send emails or call locally.

:waving::waving:

Hey Keith......I see you found this thread first.........Good for you!!!:clapper:

·
Premium Member
2,144 Posts
imported post

Keith at Wingbling has helped us out. We got the owner's manual for my hubby's 1982 Aspencade from him.

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
imported post

Any links to spares etc can be posted in the new and used spares thread in the FAQ forum ,,cheers Ciaran

·
Old School Guru
7,876 Posts
imported post

I have personally seen Andrew's work on Lopeha's bike, I helped install them, I remember what we sent him, (bad shape) and they came back like new, and worked like new. WhenI get the money and time to start back working on my 81, even though I am more than qualified to do my own carbs, I will probably send them to Andrew because of the quality of his work, and it would take me 3 times as long to do what he does in a couple of days.:D

Gene:waving:

·
Premium Member
4,473 Posts
imported post

GLester wrote:
I have personally seen Andrew's work on Lopeha's bike, I helped install them, I remember what we sent him, (bad shape) and they came back like new, and worked like new. WhenI get the money and time to start back working on my 81, even though I am more than qualified to do my own carbs, I will probably send them to Andrew because of the quality of his work, and it would take me 3 times as long to do what he does in a couple of days.:D

Yes, but have you met his dog Kimi????:cooldevil:

·
Old School Guru
7,876 Posts
imported post

teacher wrote:
Yes, but have you met his dog Kimi????:cooldevil:
No, but I heard that it likes ferret stew and fried ferret.:cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil:

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
imported post

i have used the first link you gave from classic cycle, they were fast shipping, i just bolted them on and off iwent and not a problem since with them. if i ever need a set of carbs again i will be a repeat buying from classic.

·
Premium Member
2,223 Posts
imported post

Let's not forget http://www.davidsilverspares.co.uk/.

I was actually able to get a drive shaft seal from him for my 1100, at a very reasonable price. He buys up old stock from shops and dealerships, and has a lot of new old stock stuff that is hard to find. If it's not on the list, you can email him and he will check for you to see if he has or can get what you want.

·
Premium Member
1,109 Posts
imported post

I believe the place is called ALSIRin Cleveland Ohio, phone 216 631 1736, i will double check tomorrow, he is not always there but all he deals with is old wings.

·
Premium Member
10,253 Posts
imported post

Another place in Texas I found is Bates Motorcycle salvage. They have rebuilders and parts for 75-08 Goldwings. One place I found in Oklohoma hada huge stock ofengines, low milage, running engines, and other parts too. I wll look for web sites for both and post.

Redbaron

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
imported post

Houston Texas has plenty of cycle salvage yards but if you are looking for new and reproduction parts for your older wings, try here.

I have deleted your link for that company as they are a no no here ,There is no way that we could reccommend them ,have you not read the countless threads on this site from unhappy customers of theirs ?

Thank you for taking the time to post the link ,but Saber ar a no go area ...
Ciaran aka wexman

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,158 Posts
imported post

Ah!! The Axe :bash2: has dropped again, this time on a new member :doh:

:leprechaun::18red::leprechaun:

21 - 40 of 118 Posts