Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
Just wondering if anyone knows if I can use a Honda car/van remote for my 2006 Goldwing. If yes then what are the restrictions/limitations on using a car remote, if any?
Are all Honda Remotes on the same Frequency so that it is a matter of programming the unit for your specific Vehicle? I currently have an Odyssey and a Civic with extra remotes.

If you know please share your wisdom.

Thanking you in advance.

KG

·
Premium Member
2000 GL1500SE
3,349 Posts
I think DaveO430 can probably help you with that question. You could PM him and see if he can come back to this thread with an answer.

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
I would be interested in this myself as I would like a spare... Please post back any information you find on replacements...

Les

·
Administrator
27,920 Posts
As far as I know the CRV remote is the only one that will work, but you can try programing your other remotes to the bike, it won't hurt anything.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
As far as I know the CRV remote is the only one that will work, but you can try programing your other remotes to the bike, it won't hurt anything.
You mentioned CRV, is there any restrictions as far as model years, or it does not matter on the year of the 2 vehicles (eg. my 2006 Goldwing would be compatible with a 2010 CRV remote)?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just want to thank everyone who contributed to this thread with valuable information.
The speedy replies are very impressive and appreciated!

Take care & ride safe.

·
Administrator
27,920 Posts
You mentioned CRV, is there any restrictions as far as model years, or it does not matter on the year of the 2 vehicles (eg. my 2006 Goldwing would be compatible with a 2010 CRV remote)?

The 02-06 generation CRV I believe, maybe others. The year of the goldwing doesn't matter. The goldwing remote is actually cheaper (at regular list price) if buying new though.

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
I remember this being asked in previous threads.

A 1999 Honda CR-V transmitter part number 08E61-S10-1M001 works and is much cheaper than the Honda remote.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.