Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I just wanted to let everyone know that if you see me reffering to oil additives as "Snake Oil" that,

I hope I am not offending anyone by using words "snake oil".

I just get a laugh out of others who refer to the additives as "Snake Oil" that help improve existing oils/coolants

From past experiences,I have come to the conclusion that some "nay sayers" have not even tried any of the additives but have done their best to warn others about it.:whip:

I am a believer in "snake oils" and will endorse the ones that work for me plain and simple.:cooler:

Here is a smalllistof the following snake oils that have worked for me..

MMO - gas and oil

Lucas Motor Oil - No clutch slippage - so far..I used 8oz's and will increase to 12 as time goes on per oil/filter change..

Evans Coolant NPG+ for motorcycles - expensive? sure but not that bad in comparision to money I have spent on the bike overall..plus, it is environmentally friendly should it ever leak out.:grinner:

Hope every one has a great day!:cheeky1:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Mr. Fix it wrote:
I just wanted to let everyone know that if you see me reffering to oil additives as "Snake Oil" that,

I hope I am not offending anyone by using words "snake oil".
My favorite terms are 'Miracle in a Can' and 'Snake Oil'. That covers stuff whether it works or not. I do like MMO, WD40, Seafoam and several others. As for offending anyone, hell if they can't take a joke fuggum!

·
Premium Member
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

I forgot to mention the little bell that someone sent me out of the kindness of their heart to place on my bike to protect me from all the bad spirits whilst riding my trusty mechanical steed.

My problem is thatI lost the bell...:doh:

That's not bad luck is it??:realshocked:

I was going to hook it up to my 12" dream catcher I have mounted on the windshield.:grinner:

·
Premium Member
1,148 Posts
imported post

Hey.. I've got a bucket of Prop Wash left over from my days in the Air Force... It helps maintain that "like new" shine!!! :goofygrin:

·
Premium Member
475 Posts
imported post

Be careful with Lucas. I added it to crankcase and it jammed up my neutral switch, which stays lighted now.

·
Premium Member
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

mag wrote:
Be careful with Lucas. I added it to crankcase and it jammed up my neutral switch, which stays lighted now.

Isthe engineother wise okay though?

·
Premium Member
1,191 Posts
imported post

........../forums/images/emoticons/confused.gif  the only thing that Lucas Electronics ever made that did not suck... was ... their Vacuum  cleaner..../forums/images/emoticons/emoticonsxtra/waving.gif

·
Premium Member
1,221 Posts
imported post

I have copiouse amounts of tartan cotton thread and a box full of sky hooks anyone interested,also found some left hand hacksaw blades ,limited supply.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

SilverDave wrote:
........../forums/images/emoticons/confused.gif the only thing that Lucas Electronics ever made that did not suck... was ... their Vacuum cleaner..../forums/images/emoticons/emoticonsxtra/waving.gif
You aren't going to believe it but we have a member or two who defend Lucas Electric!

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

I think lucas electrics and "Lucas additives" are two diffrerent things?

tried lots of "motor honey' over the years in cars and bikes now i just stay with "MMO" it's safe and works!:baffled:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

wingdawg101 wrote:
I think lucas electrics and "Lucas additives" are two diffrerent things?!:baffled:
They are, but if you've had experience with Lucas components on a car, the word just sets you off.

·
Premium Member
241 Posts
imported post

I got Rotor Wash left over from the Navy, shines real good too just like Prop Wash. When I had my Harley back on 87 I use an oil produced in Germany called I believe "OPTIMAL" was real expensive and they had a warranty that they would double the manufacturers warranty if you used it. Any one heard of this?:baffled:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.