Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I just visited the Utopia site just now and on this page they have a link to the installation tutorial on STeves site here. The page I seen it on is here http://www.utpr.com/available.html
This site must get majorrespect for a big manufacturer like Utopia to be bothered linking to the video & pictures. It's good to see the Irish get reckognition for their efforts. :D

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

weewillywing wrote:
I just visited the Utopia site just now and on this page they have a link to the installation tutorial on STeves site here. The page I seen it on is here http://www.utpr.com/available.html
This site must get majorrespect for a big manufacturer like Utopia to be bothered linking to the video & pictures. It's good to see the Irish get reckognition for their efforts. :D
Hey weewillywing :leprechaun:did you not know that the Wingnut is one of the Directors of Utopia.:clapper: And this guy swore by the Markland backrest for years. :gunhead: He had a quick look at my Utopia back restearlier this year and went for it. :cooldj: It was nice to be able to advise an expert. :waving:Long live the Wingnut. :grinner:

:goofygrin: :18red: :goofygrin:

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
imported post

[align=left]It's a good tutorial video. Gets the info across without wastiing time (under 5 minutes) and in a humerous way. I hate those videos where the guy giving the lesson puts on airs and graces and tries to make us feel like dumb peasants. The wingnuts one makes ya feel comfortable about doing this job. The references when cutting the saddle "can't put this off any longer" and "open heart surgery" are nice touches. [/align]
[align=center]:18red:
[/align]
BTW, I will be in Sth. Ann Street this coming Sunday with my GL1800, might make a few new friends there! :waving:

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

BigAl wrote:
[align=left]It's a good tutorial video. Gets the info across without wastiing time (under 5 minutes) and in a humerous way. I hate those videos where the guy giving the lesson puts on airs and graces.The wingnuts one makes ya feel comfortable about doing this job. [/align]

[/align]
BTW, I will be in Sth. Ann Street this coming Sunday with my GL1800, might make a few new friends there! :waving:
Hey thats for sure. :cheeky1:The wingnut has no hair and graces. He tells the story as it is. :cool: He forgot more about m/cycles thanmost of these cowboys. :DBTW, :XSth Ann Street is out of bounds on a Sunday morning for G/Wing riders. :(and coffee drinking is definately out of order. :shock: If wexman catches you there, it's lights out.;)

:waving: :18red: :18gold: :18blue: :18green: :18white: :18black: :waving:

[align=center]The fastest colour is always out in front. :clapper:[/align]

·
Older and Wiser
1,734 Posts
imported post

Very good video clip! It takes the mystery out of fitting and makes the whole job look easy. I almost felt I was there with the guy doing the job! I've decided to get a Utopia now that I reckon I can do the whole thing myself. A pity that Utopia didn't supply a video clip themselves years ago, I'd say that they would sell many more backrests if they had done so as the video doesreally make a difference, ie no more fear! :gunhead:

PS, the Irish accent is easy to understand. It made a nice change to the usual American videos.

·
Premium Member
1,028 Posts
imported post

The video clip is helpful all right. Takes the fear out of cutting the saddle. I've worked on plenty pf Wings, but the thought of cutting the saddle (the fear of making a bags of it) always put me off volunteering for that job. I may even go for a Utopia myself now.

BTW, I wonder what Steve got for his trouble? Utopia give him a nice mention on their site so I'd say a reward was in order! Will we ever find out? :p

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Jason wrote:

BTW, I wonder what Steve got for his trouble? Utopia give him a nice mention on their site so I'd say a reward was in order! Will we ever find out? :p

Hey Jason, :goofygrin:the wingnut has been appointed a director of Utopia. I think that is a good reward. :clapper: The wingnut has now fitted the Utopia back rest to his little runabout. :waving:

:18red: :18white::18liteblue::18teal::18black: :walker:

The Fastest colour is out in front.

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
imported post

I think a couple of new backrests were sent over as a thank you. Not bad as they probably cost around $150 each.

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Skooter wrote:
I think a couple of new backrests were sent over as a thank you. Not bad as they probably cost around $150 each.
Hey Scooter, These backrests cost $169 with Sam @ wingtoys in Texas, plus the shipping. :action: I just heard today that the wingnut has now fitted one to his other halfs :18red:1800.:clapper:Utopia should have appointed me as a director :goofygrin:because I think I was the first person in Ireland to have one fitted. :grinner:This ispost number 200 for me. :gunhead: If I could find those god damm keys I would spend less time here. Now where are they, ! ! ! !

:18red: :18white::18yellow::18magenta::18black::waving:

The fastest colour is out in front.

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Believe it or not I have just watched the video clip on the Utopia back rest. Thewingnut never fails to amaze me. I wish I had that video when fitting my Utopia. :action: The wingnut is a Dub but he has a strong Kerry accent in that clip. Ha! Ha! Ha! :D :p :) ;)

:18red: :18green::18grey::18liteblue::18white: :waving:

The fastest colour is out in front.

·
Premium Member
720 Posts
imported post

Redwing. wrote:
The wingnut is a Dub but he has a strong Kerry accent in that clip. Ha! Ha! Ha!

I thought it was more a Carlow accent myself! Mind you the American viewers won't know the difference anyway, they will probably like the accent whatever it sounds like! :p

I wonder how many times the video clip has been downloaded so far, any stats on it? Maybe Paul the Skooter lad can find out for us before he heads to OZ!

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

Redwing. wrote:
BigAl wrote:
[align=left]It's a good tutorial video. Gets the info across without wastiing time (under 5 minutes) and in a humerous way. I hate those videos where the guy giving the lesson puts on airs and graces.The wingnuts one makes ya feel comfortable about doing this job. [/align]

[/align]
Hey thats for sure. :cheeky1:The wingnut has no hair and graces. He tells the story as it is. :cool: He forgot more about m/cycles thanmost of these cowboys. :DBTW, :XSth Ann Street is out of bounds on a Sunday morning for G/Wing riders. :(and coffee drinking is definately out of order. :shock: If wexman catches you there, it's lights out.;)

:waving: :18red: :18gold: :18blue: :18green: :18white: :18black: :waving:

[align=center]The fastest colour is always out in front. :clapper:[/align]
HEY REDWING :walker:

you will get me a bad name .:action:(although I think I already have one )

BIG AL ..I wont be in ANNE ST myself this sunday :(,I am bringing the horror in law oops sorry the mother in law to the airport:D:D:D:D ,sending her home to Paris,:cheeky1:But why dont you come along on the run to Youghal sun the 17th ,You will make lots of friends on that one , cheers Ciaran:waving:

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

wexman wrote, HEY REDWING :walker:

you will get me a bad name .:action:(although I think I already have one )

:(,I am bringing the horror in law oops sorry the mother in law to the airport:D:D:D:D ,sending her home to Paris, , cheers Ciaran:waving:

Hey Wexman, I hope you are bringing the Horror in Law on the pillion of your new :18red:Everyone now knows that it's safe to go to Sth.Ann St on Sunday morning and drink coffee till the cows come home. :clapper:Hurragh ! Ha!Ha!Ha! :grinner: :goofygrin:

:18red: :18liteblue::18blue::18green::waving:

The fastest colour is away out in front. :clapper:

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
imported post

Cool video man. :cool:Was going to getthe normal one from robinyards but the Utopia will cost less even with shipping from USA and now I won't be afraid of fitting it. All I need is a ratchet, ma's longest eversharp breadknife and a bottle of Bud to get me in the mood!

[align=center]No more tears. :crying:[/align]

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Reddy wrote::cool:Was going to getthe normal one from robinyards but the Utopia will cost less even with shipping from USA and now I won't be afraid of fitting it. All I need is a ratchet, ma's longest eversharp breadknife and a bottle of Bud to get me in the mood!

[align=center]No more tears. :crying:[/align]
Hey Reddy, :cheeky1:What kind of Backrest is the normal one and what price is it.? :XThere is no such thing as the normal one, the Utopia :cool: fits the:18red: as if it was part of the seat. :cool:The secret is measure three or four times and cut once. :crying:

:leprechaun: :18red: :leprechaun:

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
imported post

Redwing. wrote:
What kind of Backrest is the normal one and what price is it.?
The one that bolts onto the grab rails is what I call the normal one (is it Markland or Add-on that make them?). £215 sterling including shipping (about €305) from the UK. The Utopia from the UK is £160 Sterling (€240) plus shipping. Almost $100 to be saved getting it from tha US.

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Reddy wrote:
Redwing. wrote:
What kind of Backrest is the normal one and what price is it.?
The one that bolts onto the grab rails is what I call the normal one (is it Markland or Add-on that make them?). £215 sterling including shipping (about €305) from the UK. The Utopia from the UK is £160 Sterling (€240) plus shipping. Almost $100 to be saved getting it from tha US.
Hey Reddy, Utopia from Sam @ wingtoys in Texas = $169, :cooldj: $1 = 1.2315euro plus the shipping. :action:Thats even cheaper. :grinner: Ph Sam at 0017138490422 and give himthe number of your worst enemy. :crying:and he will do the rest. :jumper:

:waving: :18red: :waving:

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
imported post

I'm convinced! The chrome on my Chromewerks backrest is peeling and the chromed pivot cover long lost, so I won't be getting another one. Looks great when new but doesn't last too long in the real world. The simplicity of the Utopia is appealing but the thoughts of buggering up the saddle isn't. The video is the clincher for me, thanks Steve for dreaming up this idea, you should've got loads of freebie backrests as a reward and sold me one cheap! :jumper:

·
Premium Member
1,028 Posts
imported post

yellowwing wrote:
I'm convinced! The chrome on my Chromewerks backrest is peeling and the chromed pivot cover long lost, so I won't be getting another one. Looks great when new but doesn't last too long in the real world. The simplicity of the Utopia is appealing but the thoughts of buggering up the saddle isn't. The video is the clincher for me, thanks Steve for dreaming up this idea, you should've got loads of freebie backrests as a reward and sold me one cheap!
I guess we will never really know (unless Paul blabs it out, like he did about Steve being 45). You will always be left guessing with the wingnut unless he wants to tell you himself! :pAnyway I'm ordering a Utopia tonight. You will probably see loads of Wings around the country (and further) with Utopias fitted now.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.