Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

INOTICED I'M MISSING THE RINGS UNDER THE VACCUUM COVERS ON TOP OF THE CARBS . DOES ANY ONE HAVE TWO FOR SALE? 1980 GL1100I. THERE ABOUT 60MM IN DIA.

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
imported post

I needed an o ring once and gopt it at a hydrolic hose company.They had all sizes.Bring in a sample and they may match it up.

Dman

·
Premium Member
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Thanks but these are hard plastic.

·
Premium Member
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Just bringing this up from the bottom. Any replys?

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
imported post

If the ones from a set of '78 carbs will fit, you're more than welcome to have a couple of them. I can measure once I get back into town.. Or I can try to fit the '78 rings into a '81 set of carbs I have and see what happens.

Raymond

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

I shot goldwingnut an offer for a pair of those from 1982 carbs, the price was right (zip), but I haven't heard back from my PM. If anyone has need of a part or two from that vintage carb let me know I might be able to help.

·
Premium Member
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

IDON'T KNOW IF THE 78S WILL FIT OR NOT. THEY SHOULD BE 61MM OUTSIDEAND 54 MM INSIDE. 2MM THICK AND A 1 MM STEP DOWN ON THE INSIDE RING.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Goldwingnut, there's two rings in the mail to you. They will fit according to my dial caliper and your measurements. I'll PM this to you also, don't know which one you'll see.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.