Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I purchased my 1987 Goldwing two months ago.Have been working on it since. I noticed there is a vacumm hose out the side of the ignition control unit. Where does it go too? I can't find anything in the manuel. Could you guys help me please. On mine theres four inches of hose unpluged.

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
imported post

Look down near the bolts at the cylinder, around on the inside. It's easy to miss.

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Vic On my 1987 Asp. I traced the hose back from # 4 intake. It goes to the after burn valve. I finalyfound referance to the hose in the Clymer manuel. But cannot find outlet where they say is one.

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Vic thanks for the reply: There is a T there. The line goes to the cruise control. I am going to take my carbs out to redo pilot screws and really check to see where that hose goes. Clymer manuel has me confused.

·
Senior Guru
2,234 Posts
imported post

All you need is a full vacuum source for the ECU. You can either use a double T or insert another T in the vacuum line. The fact that other items are sharing the vacuum is irrelevant as long as there are no vacuum leaks. Your system probably had a double T originally, but, it is likely that the hose going to the ECU rotted and separated(which is common on these bikes) and the person doing the repairs didn't know that the hose went to the ECU. I've seen this happen many times on GL1200's.

Once you get the hose connected you will find that your throttle response and fuel economy will be much better in 4th and 5th gears because that vacuum hose controls the ignition timing advance for highway cruising.

Vic

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.