Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vacuum Leak

905 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Nightrider1 
#1 ·
imported post

I am trying to trace a vacuum leak which is causing a slight backfire on over-run on the left hand side of the engine. I have a can of "Cold Start" and am aware of the method for spraying onto the pipes to try and identify the problem but there are lots of pipes in that area. I know it maybe a long shot but does anyone have a diagram of which are the vacuum pipes which would help in knowing where to look ?

I have the side fairing off and assume that I need to take off the air filter box to get a good look at the pipes ?

Any help would be appreciated.

#2 ·
imported post

hiron were the main vaccume pipe connects to the manafold if you clamp this first this will shut off the vaccume system and if you have a leak you should notice a differance in the engine running then releace same and clamp each tube after that just were it starts from there if not go to the far side for the solinoids on the sub filter as there is two pipes that feedeach carb also

peter

#3 ·
imported post

The easiest way to find a vacuum leak is with a propane torch. With the engine running and thetorch unlit and the nozzle turned on low, move the nozzle around the vacuum lines. When you find the leak, the engine rev's will increase.

P.S. If you're a smoker, don't smoke during this process.:coollep::angel2:

#4 ·
imported post

I 100% agree with the above post. Also, If you are having difficulty, Check the 1/4 (or smaller )small normally grey lines at where they connect. Usually, this is where the first break would occur.
Nightriser1

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.