Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
25,002 Posts
Turn the adjuster out, CCW to raise the vacuum. If it doesn't come up make sure the o-ring on the intake to the head is good, check the valve clearances and if good there check the compression.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Turn the adjuster out, CCW to raise the vacuum. If it doesn't come up make sure the o-ring on the intake to the head is good, check the valve clearances and if good there check the compression.
Got them synced but it brakes up around 5k (well hit or miss with that) and is the vaccum supposed to be that low?

Attachments

·
Administrator
25,002 Posts
They don't pull a lot of vacuum, being equal is what matters. Synch has nothing to do with how it runs at 5k. Probably an ignition problem.

·
It aint rocket science
3,820 Posts
A carb sync on a poor running engine that has a weak cylinder(s) gets you nowhere fast. The amount of vacuum that can be pulled is directly related to how that cylinder is performing with compression, ignition and fuel mixture.

Find which cylinder(s) are not contributing by doing a power balance test pulling individual plug wires noting RPM drop. Then test whether rich or lean and for vacuum leaks by following this guide with carb clean spray noting RPM change.

https://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/2-goldwing-technical-forum/426066-1500-fuel-mixture-diagnosis-test.html

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They don't pull a lot of vacuum, being equal is what matters. Synch has nothing to do with how it runs at 5k. Probably an ignition problem.
Thanks! I'll add it to the list to look into, sometimes it revs up just fine and strong and others you can hear it break up a bit, it has a dyna electronic ignition on it. I'll check the timing as soon as I go pick up a test light

1 - 8 of 8 Posts