Discussion Starter #1

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
Looked much better in the Valk:sadguy:

·
Premium Member
1,049 Posts
I think that was a big mistake. Those old Ford tractors are quite collectable and the Valk looked really nice too. :?

·
Premium Member
3,747 Posts
BUt if the project started with a wrecked Valk & a 8N with abad motor then it's quite a nice project. Don't know for sure, just sayin'

·
Premium Member
257 Posts
I think it is ingenious and looks great, but hope it was as lopeya stated.

I wonder if the gearing was reduced because of the difference in rpms of the 2 engines? If not, probably 1st gear is now like 3rd and so on. A 50 mph tractor. That has to be at least 3 times the hp as well...

That would be fun at antique tractor pulls, if they had an open class.....

Shoot, he could put on some cut 30.5 32s, and take that to the Bowling Green Nationals and run with the 2500 hp big boys.....

"In God I trust."

·
Premium Member
3,066 Posts

He did a great job on the conversion. I would love to have that tractor. I saw a Massy Ferguson with a V-12 Jaguar conversion on youtube. That tractor sounded good.

·
Premium Member
3,066 Posts
Cant figure out why in the world these people cant find something worthwhile to do with their lives...I guess just so they can say they built it ..I dont know call me stupid..

They have already done something worthwhile, now they want to do what they want to do and have some fun.

I know ...call me envious.

·
Cyclebusters.com
908 Posts
original flat head 4 continental approx. 12 hp @ 1950 rpm.
now 100 [email protected],000 rpm
original input shaft speed 1950
new input shaft speed nearing 3800 est.
original speed 12 mph
should now do around 30 mph. pulling a train
remember this is a unit eng trans combo, so the final drive shaft speed in top gear is about 35 percent of the crank speed.
if it was direct engine to input coupler, and the input spun 10,000 rpm, top speed would be near 60 mph, and the tires would probably come off the rims.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
I'd bet on the Valk powered tractor a lot more than I'd bank on that Jag powered rig.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.