Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

i know this is goldwing but alot of parts are same as valkyrie. i now have a valkyrie that i like very much. the final drive is shot. po never greased it and splines are wore to nothing. i'm trying to figure out if i can mount the 1500 goldwing final to it. yes and no. it will mount but using only 3 bolts instead of the 4. tried to take pinion gear out of goldwing to mount in valkyrie but the bearings are a little different. if i could have gotten the pressed in bearings out and swapped them as well, it would've worked. long story short i really need a final drive for a 1997 valk. if anyone knows of 1. thank you, mark:waving:

just letting everyone know i did find 1 and thank you all for all the help

mark:waving:

·
Premium Member
5,382 Posts
imported post

I keep thinking the Valk has the same running gear as the wing but I guess not. Wing finals are relatively common from the trike shops in the USA (But not Canada).

Does anyonetrike Valks?

·
Premium Member
12,790 Posts
imported post

With a wider swingarm and wheel , isnt the gear cut on a different angle from the Wing ? I dunno . Good luck .

·
Premium Member
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

yes they're cut different but thought i could change ring and pinion gears as a set. would've worked too, but the bearings are different and pressed in.

·
Premium Member
1,202 Posts
imported post

While I'm at the shop checking on the hitch for lopeha, I'll ask if they may have one from a valk, if so I'll get a price and let you know.

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
imported post

Contact Schroeders Honda in North Carolina, They Trike alot of Wings and who knows they may have done some Valk's.

(828)693-4101 or http://www.schroaders.com/

Good luck in your search.......

·
Premium Member
3,722 Posts
imported post

Yes, people do trike Valks.

CSC did ... I'm pretty sure that's what "Ms Scooter Dogs" has. Might check both CSC and Motor Trike shops, maybe Champion though I don't recall a Champion Valk. If they don't have the parts on hand maybe they can put you in touch with the customers who took their left over parts home?

Also, might pay to post on aValk site.

;)

·
Premium Member
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

CrystalPistol wrote:
Yes, people do trike Valks.

CSC did ... I'm pretty sure that's what "Ms Scooter Dogs" has. Might check both CSC and Motor Trike shops, maybe Champion though I don't recall a Champion Valk. If they don't have the parts on hand maybe they can put you in touch with the customers who took their left over parts home?

Also, might pay to post on aValk site.

;)

not a member of a valkyrie site and don't even know of 1.

did call honda posted above. they have a new 1 for 720.00 if anyone interested. this poor man won't be getting that 1

mark:waving:

·
Premium Member
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

joined a valkyrie site and posted there of my need. called a couple of trike companys. 1 told me he throwed 20 away about a month ago.:ROFL:about right. :ROFL:

mark

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
imported post

I think I will go grease my splines today...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.