Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I took a look at and a test ride for a couple of blocks. Seems to pull nicely. Brakes need some work. Forks didn't look like they were leaking. 50k miles. Has title.

Also has full Vetter fairing, bags and trunk all in good shape.

Seat needs a new cover.

The owner got it a couple years ago and it had been sitting then for a few. He has put a few thousand miles on it.

There is a small hole in the header but he has a replacement set that go with it.

Just trying to gauge what runner of that vintage may be worth. The vetter stuff will be sold. I want this one to be naked.

Any ideas?

Here is a pic. Should have gotten more.

Attachments

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
imported post

I paid $1300+ for my '78 a couple years ago. Bought off of eBay and had it shipped to me.

Advertised as ready to ride, ...but was far from it.

MANY$$$'s later I'm riding it at will now.

·
Premium Member
415 Posts
imported post

Sold mine (78 GL1000) this time last year for $1100. It was in top notch shape, as we just rode the Blue Ridge Parkway and everything was made "new" in the spring of 2010.

·
Vintage Rider
2,410 Posts
imported post

Around here, it could be worth anywhere from $1000 (decent condition, runs well, some problems and not cosmetically perfect) to over $2000 for mint condition. To me, the biggest issue with one of that vintage is the tube type tires. I don't understand why Honda would build a bike specifically for touring, and put tube type tires on it.

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
imported post

'78 = Comstars = tubeless

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Thanks for the replies. The price is $1000 with the fairing and bags. If I do get it, I was going to see what I could get for the add-ons to offset the cost.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.