Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
58,981 Posts
Less than what we think it should be.

the introduction of the 2018/2019 bikes and especially the new DCT transmission,
depressed the value of the older bikes hard.

the 1500s dropped a couple thousand like a bomb....
the 1800s also dropped about $2,000 overnight.

the earlier years didn't get effected it seems to me.
those depend on condition and drivability.

·
Administrator
25,569 Posts
Most of those "aftermarket options" if they are just bling add no actual value to the bike. Functional accessories do add some value. Check all the online sales sites for comparable models to get an idea of the going asking price.

·
Administrator
58,981 Posts
yeah,

Bling is just stuff the owner put on for his ego.
All that will do, is sway a buyer to look at yours instead of the same model bike that is bare bones, but it won't encourage them to pay extra of bluebook.

my 2002 had $4,000 of Kury chrome bits on it when I purchased it in 2015.
Honda of Russellville did not even mention it had any addons at all, and their price was straight out of the KBB bluebook for motorcycles.

they came off $1,000 because it had 97,500 miles on it and was on their showroom floor for 9 months.

When I bought mine, I rode it about 75 miles and said "that chrome crap has got to go".

pulled over to a rest area, took my knife and peeled off all the chrome from the top that was reflecting the sun into my eyes.

·
Premium Member
1,539 Posts
A lot of it depends on how many miles are on it, condition, maintenance, tire condition, and what is for sale in your area and near by areas. The 02 had frame re weld and over heating issues, some will stay away for those reasons. But I would guess around $5,000 + , and it depends on how fast you want to sell it. Also how much the buyer knows about the 1800 Gold Wing. Over 80,000 miles it could start to need some repairs, alternator, steering head bearings ETC.

·
Administrator
58,981 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,539 Posts
When I see an ad like that I think "His wife probably told him to sell it so being a good husband he said OK dear. And put it up for a price that he knew wouldn't sell !!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts