Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have decided to adjust my valves as I am not sure about the last time it was done. I have a 1982 gl1100. What have been the usual findings when adjusting valves? Are the intakes usually tight and the exhaust fairly close as I find on most adjustments? Just wondering????

·
Premium Member
2,848 Posts
imported post

On the 1000's I have not discovered any type of pattern.

·
Piled Higher and Deeper
4,513 Posts
imported post

No pattern for me... and I usually only find a couple that I will actually change... and that is about every 6000 - 8000 miles...

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
imported post

Raveller,

I believe MDKramer would be the best at answering this, but I believe his is a GL1100, 1981 Model. (Or sandigobrass) Both are excellent sources of info.

Good Luck,

Nightrider1

Raveller wrote:
I have decided to adjust my valves as I am not sure about the last time it was done. I have a 1982 gl1100. What have been the usual findings when adjusting valves? Are the intakes usually tight and the exhaust fairly close as I find on most adjustments? Just wondering????

·
Premium Member
4,328 Posts
imported post

If adjusted properly..IE don't loosen up and are set correctly to start with..they should get tighter as the cams wear..but since I always just reset them when I do the job never tested for how they are when I start.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.