Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 28 of 28 Posts
G

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
imported post

goldwinger wrote:
Me thinks Mr. Redwing is a wee bitjealous of the anointed ones.
Hey goldwing, :waving:wee bit Jealous is the understatement of the year. :gunhead: Im like a bull in a china shop. :crying:Wingnut has instructed that I must go on an Intensive Training Course for (6) six weeks to have any chance of promotion to your rank of "Guru" and thats just not fair :crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:

:santahat: :18red: :santahat:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,871 Posts
imported post

Redwing. wrote:
Hey goldwing, :waving:wee bit Jealous is the understatement of the year. :gunhead: Im like a bull in a china shop. :crying:Wingnut has instructed that I must go on an Intensive Training Course for (6) six weeks to have any chance of promotion to your rank of "Guru" and thats just not fair :crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:

:santahat: :18red: :santahat:
[align=center]
Yo!!!!!! Redwing


Did ya fergit acoupla apostrophe's[/align]
[align=center] I'm watching you and that's it!![/align]
[align=center]Once again...have a great Christmas!!![/align]
Kyle

Nothing's as sweet, as sweet revenge!

[align=left]
[/align]
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,148 Posts
imported post

You've got to love this site.. Not only do we get technical information, it's seeded with humor, education and above all,,,,, lots of love!!! Hey!! Where are the Love Bug icons??? Where are the GL1200 icons??? :santawaving:



Merry Christmas everyone and a Happy New Year to you all...Renegade
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13 Posts
imported post

This might be a boneheaded way of doing things, but I just turn the engine until both intake and exhaust valves are closed. With the spark plug out, I stick a plastic drinking straw in the hole until it touches the top of the piston. Using the straw as adepth gauge, you can tell when the piston is at the top. Maybe I'm missing something, but it always worked for me. BTW, I have an '83 now, and I'm about to do the same thing.
 

·
The Irish Crew
Joined
·
3,932 Posts
imported post

Claire wrote:
This might be a boneheaded way of doing things, but I just turn the engine until both intake and exhaust valves are closed. With the spark plug out, I stick a plastic drinking straw in the hole until it touches the top of the piston. Using the straw as adepth gauge, you can tell when the piston is at the top. Maybe I'm missing something, but it always worked for me. BTW, I have an '83 now, and I'm about to do the same thing.
Thats another way of doing the same thing. I've done it that way before, screwdriver in the plug hole and when I was sure I had TDC I marked the screwdriver so it would be easier to know when the other pistons were up.
 
G

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
imported post

Kyle wrote:
Redwing. wrote:
Hey goldwing, :waving:wee bit Jealous is the understatement of the year. :gunhead: Im like a bull in a china shop. :crying:Wingnut has instructed that I must go on an Intensive Training Course for (6) six weeks to have any chance of promotion to your rank of "Guru" and thats just not fair :crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:

:santahat: :18red: :santahat:
[align=center]
Yo!!!!!! Redwing


Did ya fergit acoupla apostrophe's[/align]

[align=center] I'm watching you and that's it!![/align]

[align=center]Once again...have a great Christmas!!![/align]
Kyle

Nothing's as sweet, as sweet revenge!


[align=left]:crying:And now this Kyle guy is hounding me far me spalenn. :crying:I wil neaver get promoted:crying:[/align]
[align=left]:santahat: :18red: :santahat:[/align]
[align=left]
[/align]
 
G

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
imported post

Renegade wrote:
You've got to love this site.. Not only do we get technical information, it's seeded with humor, education and above all,,,,, lots of love!!! Hey!! Where are the Love Bug icons??? Where are the GL1200 icons??? :santawaving:



Merry Christmas everyone and a Happy New Year to you all...Renegade
Hey Renegade, :waving:The 1200 are a coming, and so is :santahat:Be patient. :grinner: Merry xmas to you and your family. :santahat:

:santawaving: :18red: :santawaving:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
264 Posts
imported post

Lots of good ways of finding TDC. Car mechanics usually favour the spark way as it means they don't need access to the rockers to find which cylinder is on the firing stroke.
 
21 - 28 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top