Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

My wing is leaking a bit of oil thru the valve cover gasket, i've found this two on ebay that might buy (would convine shipping with other items from the same seller)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=260333094237

or

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=310073469327

im thinking the secod is the best, but the first says NOS, guessing is honda brand. but i dont know, wanted to ask the gurusss :D

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
imported post

hdl has them for about 12 bucks each and 2.50 ea for the rubber seals . 44.00 for all.

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
imported post

WOW!! Honda sure does charge a mint for parts. :stumped:

BTW: Kah92340 I used to live in Apple Valley. Behind Roy Rodgers old house.

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
imported post

true --- on mother honda prices---- but the gaskets seem to last a long time before they need replacement .

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
imported post

I agree with you guys. I just got off the phone with a local shop. Seems they have "Recession" prices in effect. Im going all OEM, so I have no worries about cheap parts failing

·
Premium Member
4,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Thanks for the info, im traveling to usa in jan 25 i will see if they can get my items on my friends house in tx for that date. they say they get the items from mother honda then they send to me. do you know another side that actually stocks the items?

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
imported post

Did you try BikeBandit.com?

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
imported post

rgbeard wrote:
Did you try BikeBandit.com?
Ya, I just found BB. :)

·
Premium Member
662 Posts
imported post

MilkMoney wrote:
I agree with you guys. I just got off the phone with a local shop. Seems they have "Recession" prices in effect. Im going all OEM, so I have no worries about cheap parts failing
:waving:The old saying "you get what you pay for" and how true asso many of the aftermarket parts just don't have the same quality as Honda OEM parts.

·
Premium Member
4,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

Hello, Thanks for the info but.... how does it work???

I've been trying to contact hdlparts.com, hondaparts-direct.com (cheapest) which are not the same, and bikebandit.com which is expensiver. with no reply from them. they all say:
"WE RECEIVE THE PARTS, NOT FROM THE DAY YOU ORDER THEM."
"We do not stock every Honda part. "We will place your order with Honda and ship them to you ASAP""

how do i know if they actually have my items?, or if mother honda has them.

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
imported post

With BikeBandit, I know that I have seen them over time, update their ordering system as parts become unavailable. They disallow ordering parts that they know they can't receive from Honda.

I would believe that if BikeBandit allows you to order it, they have some confidence that Honda will provide the order. I have no experience with the other companies you mentioned.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.