Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Have any of you purchased chrome valve covers from Sabre Cycle? I recently received mine and have come to find that the old gaskets do not fit and appear to be too large for the new covers. Any advice?

Thanks

·
The Irish Crew
3,932 Posts
imported post

This is common with some chrome covers, the chrome thickens the edges where the gasket fits. Soften the gaskets in hot water or with a hairdrier and they will fit easier

·
Premium Member
506 Posts
imported post

Be nice if they would send new gaskets with the valve covers.

·
Premium Member
4,328 Posts
imported post

Saber Cycle watch out..

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
imported post

Ya get what you pay for, as the saying goes.

Shall I just tell you what SC will tell you when you call them for support. Don't think you want to hear it...

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
imported post

RB wrote:
Saber Cycle watch out..
x2 . . . . they are bad news. Never again.

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
imported post

Yeah I've bought a few things from them, nothing that is important to the functioning of the bike. I sent the old covers out to be plated and I thought I'd use these in the mean time.

Do you think I can get by with some silicone gasket maker for awhile?

·
Premium Member
1,077 Posts
imported post

sounds messy, but why not? you're only sealing the oil in, thickness isn't critical. hopefully globs don't go inside to clog oil passages.

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
imported post

Order them from Mother Honda. They will and can do this, but you will have the same problem.Use some gasket sealer in spots to hold the gaskets in placs. I would not put sealant on all of it, because if you ever have to pull it to re-adjust the valves (Which you will) you will have to buy more gaskets, so PLEASE, just put it in spots when you are putting it on. Same with the long Timing cover gasket, but much, much less, or you will contaminate the belts, and they will break easier. No Oil, water, cleaning solvent, etc, should never touch any of the timing belts, nor clean the inside cover on the inside of the timing cover.
Hope this is worth its 2 cents,
Nightrider1

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.