Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I really not sure if this is the place to ask but I need to ask it anyway. I just picked up a trunk mirror for my GL1800 and it didn't come with any instructions and was wondering if anyone knew where I could get them. I know it's not hard to install but was hoping for a clue on the extra wiring so I can build it and not have to go out and buy the extra wiring for it.

Thanks for any and all help you can give

Brian

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

I have never installed a vanity mirror? I assume it mounts to the top of the inner trunk lid so when the trunk is open the lady can use it?

I suppose I would run the wiring to the accessory slot on the fuse block so if the key is turned to acc it could be used without running the battery down.

I think I would also purchase a velcro strap and secure the lid so it cannot flop open or come open(if you go straight to the battery) , then when you park the bike all day, it will not run the battery down. My wife has a mirror on her visor in her car, and quite often I have to go jump the car to start it because she left that little light on. Or the cover open.

Fuse 10 is acc, 17 and 24 are spares, not used, any will work. A small roll of wire is around 5 dollars and a couple spade connectors, maybe a fuse, some shrink tubing and a couple butt splice connetors, all for less than ten bucks.
Or this harness that is most likely 40 bucks with shipping.
GL1800 Hondaline Required Trunk Light/Vanity Mirror Harness - Honda Goldwing Parts and Accessories

Kit

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.