1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
653 Posts
Ordered from Partzilla many times. Alway a pleasant experience. Parts are usually in stock, and ship reasonably quick. If there is a delay for some reason, they have let me know. No complaints. All Honda OEM parts that I have ordered.

·
Administrator
58,745 Posts
I sure do like the sound of the method TRueDisk is using to refinish rotors.

I agree with them that the old typical methods will overheat rotors.

But, on a m/c with rotors that are thin to start with?

I don't see a real advantage. I would prefer to go with new.

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
Partzilla is great to order from. Great prices and quick shipping and some nice email deals occassionally also.

·
647 Posts
i've ordered headset cords thru partzilla price is low and service fast

·
Premium Member
1,779 Posts
Thanks for that link to True Disk - I've bookmarked it for future reference... ;)

Les

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have not dealt with True Disc... but I have that '82 I picked up here awhile back practically stripped to the frame. i have some free time coming up and I want to make the most of it...

As for Partzilla... something weird happened a couple of weeks ago:

• Laid up at the house recovering from knee surgery.
  • Been putting off placing a large order of parts for the suspension and hydraulics
  • I sent hours over several days perusing their website building the order.
  • I finally jam in all the numbers and hit send...
  • Had to fiddle with the credit card page for a bit. (I had my 'Super-Hydrocodone Powers' engaged at the time.)
  • Finally got it to go thru and everything went fine. Logged out!
  • Next day got a corporate cut-n-paste email from a customer service guy there telling me that their "fraud prevention system" had flagged me as a possible scammer/fraud transaction. That they had canceled my order and refunded my money. (which they did) they wanted me to call place the order over the phone and wire them the money.
  • That explanation was not good enough for me.
  • This opened an email dialog with this guy, Robert Zimmerman, that lasted for ELEVEN days. My basic question being; "So... what EXACTLY was it about my order that made you yoink it out of queue and put the whammy on me?
  • He spouted all the usual corporate crap, but never addressed my issue, claiming it was their "company policy" not to share things like that.
  • That did not set well with me.
  • I finally did get on the phone and ripped some poor guy in CS there a new one until he gave me the email of his boss.
  • Boss gets a forward of the entire dialog with Mr. Zimmerman along with a curt letter from me.
  • Boss emails me... and in one paragraph explains what happened and WHY my order got flagged and kicked out.
  • US 385 south blows the smoke from the end of his shootin' iron and holsters his piece somewhat satisfied.
  • Meanwhile... parts are on the way from Cyclemax (I love you Miss Betty) and a new place I am going to try in Canada called Parts N More. (eh!) After market parts, but great prices, fast shipping and they have bulk packs of things like the copper exhaust crush washers, and the copper hydraulic washers FAR, FAR cheaper than OEM.
  • Just saying... be careful dealing with Partzilla... just seems like a lot of trouble for $284.00 worth of O-rings, seals and caliper rebuild kits.
Done now... Carry on....

T

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
I have not dealt with True Disc... but I have that '82 I picked up here awhile back practically stripped to the frame. i have some free time coming up and I want to make the most of it...

As for Partzilla... something weird happened a couple of weeks ago:

• Laid up at the house recovering from knee surgery.
  • Been putting off placing a large order of parts for the suspension and hydraulics
  • I sent hours over several day perusing their website building the order.
  • I finally jam in all the numbers and hit send...
  • Had to fiddle with the credit card page for a bit. (I had my super-hydrocodone engaged at the time.)
  • Finally got it to go thru and everything went fine. Logged out!
  • Next day got a corporate cut-n-past email from a customer service guy there telling me that their "fraud prevention system" had flagged me as a possible scammer/fraud transaction. That they had canceled my order and refunded my money. (which they did) they wanted me to call place the order over the phone and wire them the money.
  • That explanation was not good enough for me.
  • This opened an email dialog with this guy, Robert Zimmerman, that lasted for ELEVEN days. My basic question being; "So... what EXACTLY was it about my order that made you yoink it out of queue and put the whammy on me?
  • He spouted all the usual corporate crap, but never addressed my issue, claiming it was their "company policy" not to share things like that.
  • That did not set well with me.
  • I finally did get on the phone and ripped some poor guy in CS there a new one until he gave me the email of his boss.
  • Boss gets a forward of the entire dialog with Mr. Zimmerman along with a curt letter from me.
  • Boss emails me... and in one paragraph explains what happened and WHY my order got flagged and kicked out.
  • US 385 south blows the smoke from the end of his shootin' iron and holsters his piece somewhat satisfied.
  • Meanwhile... parts are on the way from Cyclemax (I love you Miss Betty) and a new place I am going to try in Canada called Parts N More. (eh!) After market parts, but great prices, fast shipping and they have bulk packs of things like the copper exhaust crush washers, and the copper hydraulic washers FAR, FAR cheaper than OEM.
  • Just saying... be careful dealing with Partzilla... just seems like a lot of trouble for ?284.00 worth of O-rings, seals and caliper rebuild kits.
Done now... Carry on....

T
I was getting ready to reply against PZ until I started reading all the good posts for them. I had an almost word for word, as yours, experience with them. They lost a customer that spends a lot of money on the internet, me.

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was getting ready to reply against PZ until I started reading all the good posts for them. I had an almost word for word, as yours, experience with them. They lost a customer that spends a lot of money on the internet, me.
+1

I am school teacher, so I am pretty much unable to use a phone from about 7:30 till 4:00. If the vendor is in the eastern time zone that almost rules out my being able to call entirely. Subsequently I really burn up the internet finding parts and preparing orders... I literally NEED for my purchases to be taken seriously... and besides...

It's not like I'm ordering 5000 pounds of fertilizer and 300 gallons of diesel, three detonators, a electronic timer and a U-Haul truck... seriously guys?

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
541 Posts
I sure do like the sound of the method TRueDisk is using to refinish rotors.

I agree with them that the old typical methods will overheat rotors.

But, on a m/c with rotors that are thin to start with?

I don't see a real advantage. I would prefer to go with new.
Personally John if i had the money i would rather have new also!
However there are thousands of folks who believe a properly refinished rotor is just fine, i personally have Blanchard Ground(appears to be same as their " proprietary) hundreds of rotors, yes even heat treated Stainless ones and never had one warp from my machining process either.

·
Steve
439 Posts
Partzilla, placed a few orders with them and had no problems what so ever.

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
DBoher & all,

I have ordered things from them before as well, and up till now have been satisfied. Oh don't get me wrong... I'm not really angry, I'm frustrated, which is an entirely different emotion.

I am just sayin' that the possibility exists for their "fraud prevention system" to seemingly cancel your order and refund your money totally at random.

From that point, there is no salvation for that order. No way for you to talk your way out of it. That order... for whatever reason... is just dead... gone.... and the only way to pull it out of the crapper is to call them personally... deliver what in my case was dozens of 10 digit OEM part numbers orally over the phone and wire them the money or use Paypal and pay the fee or risk exposing your account info to them.

That is just way too high maintenance for a vendor to be of any use to me. I'm the customer... they should work for my business. I should not have to work to do business with them. I need to place orders... online... usually at about 5AM... and have my credit card accepted and then move on into my day expecting my parts to arrive.

And here's the rub... I totaled the entire amount of the parts I ordered from PZ and compared that to the total from Cyclemax. Cyclemax was actually cheaper overall... but I just didn't get the free shipping.

Which (think about it) just might be one of the pre-programmed parameters PZ uses to kick out orders that are too labor intensive. Comparing the number of items to the total dollar amount would allow them to refuse orders that would take to long to pick, package and ship for free.

Also... because I work online from behind a VPN, that shields my IP address from them... which might also be a contributor.

Or... because I finally got tired of checking out as a guest and registered as a "member" then immediately followed up with a order that had a high piece count but a relatively low total dollar value could have also been a contributor.

I had also just changed my password on that credit card account. (which I do pretty regularly.) I also changed the address recently because I finally let go of a PO Box I've been using for years to prevent people from stealing boxes off my front porch.

There is no set reason... any or all of these could have been wholly or partially the reason for the Black Spot.

Just sayin'... be careful...

T

·
Premium Member
59,024 Posts
I've had good luck with Partzilla.. I had some questions about part numbers, the guy I talked to wasn't sure if the part number would work, to be sure he said let me called Honda and I'll call you back.. He was back in about 5 minutes with the answer, ordered the parts of which they only had one, told me 4 days for the second part and I had them in what I though was a timely manner with a good price.....

·
Registered
653 Posts
Just another note regarding Partzilla. I have used them many times in the past, with no issues.
Just ordered a new seat and backrest for a '97. Partzilla's prices were the best I could find anywhere on the internet. I ordered it on Saturday night. It was not in stock, but was readily available to them from the Honda distributor right there in Atlanta, down the street.
They said it would ship on Werdnesday. It shipped on Tuesday, and arrived at my doorstep on Wednesday at 3pm. That's pretty good service by anyone's standard. Shipping was free.
Just thought I would share for anyone concerned.

·
Unofficial Youtube Addict
2,603 Posts
Partzilla was ok. Prices were good. Orders tend to take longer. I'd use them if I wasnt in a hurry. For what its worth it seems like all these places source from honda warehouses. So it takes a few days to a week for parts to get to them. Then they ship them to customers. Some parts come overseas. But its awesome to be able to buy parts for bikes this old.

·
Administrator
25,349 Posts
I have looked on their site for parts a few times and found I could get a better deal elsewhere so I have never ordered from PZ.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.