Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Administrator
24,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever invited any of our vendors to a NASSIR event? Maybe it's just not big enough for them to bother with.

·
Administrator
57,434 Posts
Jeff (Motorcycle.com) has had a personal invite, and he is throwing it up to the "Board" to get approval.
He wants to come.... it is close enough he should be able to make it on his own vacation time :rofl:

We might not be big enough for a dealer to pull a trailer up.

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
We've Motoplex (the Honda Dealership here in Sioux Falls) willing to Sponsor a day for us during NASSIR 9.
What to do with us, or what to do with them, ...we haven't talked much about it yet.
I'm open to ideas to put forth any suggestions from the board as a whole.
I've a working relationship with Motoplex. Greg Park, Operations Mgr., would be our contact.

·
Administrator
24,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ask them for auction items.

·
Banned
12,287 Posts

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
Explain to them that the Auction proceeds go to Charity, or if one of our members has had a recent bad medical incident, we try to help them....
Ok, I will.

·
Administrator
24,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Are you familiar with this business Steve? She sells the gator skins thermal wear.
RIDE EMPOWERED
945 S Marion Rd Ste 109 – Sioux Falls, SD 57106
605-275-5580 – Toll Free: 855-371-4971

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
Yes, I do know Doris.
Unfortunately, her place is now closed.
I had approached Doris in re-opening her store with a different venue, setting and help, but that store had cost her quite a lot overall, and she's unwilling to give that much of herself again. Knowing what I know, I don't blame her for pursuing something different.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Just a quick consideration. What about setting up an early morning bike show/viewing at a local Honda dealer. Maybe they can get a local donut shop to setup coffee and donuts etc.They can invite customers and people on the fence about making a Goldwing purchase. They can setup a silent auction for the charity and then the second half of the day is a ride starting at the dealer and ending at base? You could probably get local well knows to come on the ride, you could also probably get a local radio station to broadcast from the dealer and news outlet to cover it. Just a thought.

·
life is good
1,155 Posts
Just a quick consideration. What about setting up an early morning bike show/viewing at a local Honda dealer. Maybe they can get a local donut shop to setup coffee and donuts etc.They can invite customers and people on the fence about making a Goldwing purchase. They can setup a silent auction for the charity and then the second half of the day is a ride starting at the dealer and ending at base? You could probably get local well knows to come on the ride, you could also probably get a local radio station to broadcast from the dealer and news outlet to cover it. Just a thought.
this is a really good idea!

·
Registered
71 Posts
this is a really good idea!
(In-cert thumbs up emoji here)
I would start with a call to the local chamber of commerce where the next event will be and then also see if they have a tourism office. They will have a ton of information and contacts. This event has a history which will give it credibility.

You would be surprised at what you can get if you ask. The answer to every question you don't ask is no. It is more cost effective for a vendor to donate product and ship it to the organizer for a charitable auction in this case than it is to bring a whole setup. The number (making it worthwhile) of people attending will vary from vendor to vendor and distance to the event but each has a number they use to make it worth while.

If they send a product you are interested in you will go to the website and share.The flip side of that is one you start adding vendors onsite etc. the dynamics of the event changes. Neither is bad, you just have to decide what the event is going to be.

·
Administrator
57,434 Posts
(In-cert thumbs up emoji here)
I would start with a call to the local chamber of commerce where the next event will be and then also see if they have a tourism office. They will have a ton of information and contacts. This event has a history which will give it credibility.

You would be surprised at what you can get if you ask. The answer to every question you don't ask is no. It is more cost effective for a vendor to donate product and ship it to the organizer for a charitable auction in this case than it is to bring a whole setup. The number (making it worthwhile) of people attending will vary from vendor to vendor and distance to the event but each has a number they use to make it worth while.

If they send a product you are interested in you will go to the website and share.The flip side of that is one you start adding vendors onsite etc. the dynamics of the event changes. Neither is bad, you just have to decide what the event is going to be.

CycleMax donated to NASSIR5 which was held in Eureka Springs AR

dunno if they would again or not, never asked... I was involved in that event personally though, and they already knew me personally. both of those help.

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
...why are the previous "Sponsors" not contacting us?
Anyone have an idea as to why?

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
...why are the previous "Sponsors" not contacting us?
Anyone have an idea as to why?
Because "Sponsors" don't magically come to you, you go to them hat in hand.

Have you asked any of them?
Is that right? "hat in hand"?...
This is the ninth year and we still need to track down previous Sponsors (or Vendors, whatever..) with our hands and hats out?
No. I have not approached any of the prior Rally Vendors for anything. I've no plans to do so.
Our forum Sponsors are who?..

·
Administrator
24,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
I suppose if they're interested in what they signed-up for then their heads will pop up on this.
I'm asking for nothing.
Moto.com found them, not me. I didn't place them and don't know who they are. If they want in, they can contact me.

I'd be happy to try and work with any "site sponsor". I'll solicit none of them though.
If I have to go through that, then they don't need to be here.
Partnerships don't work that way in my world. Sponsors lead...
...where they at?

I've my own.
...just make it here.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.