Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Senior Moment Member
3,707 Posts
imported post

You're right it is interesting. Don't care for the sharp points on the chrome flames though. My luck I would stab my self every time I rode it.

I'm tall (6'4") and I think I would have a hard time reaching the grips.

UbarW I grew up in Myrtle Creek, Myrtle Point, Coquille, & Coos Bay area. I love the area around there but in my line of work its very hard to find a job there. I drive to Cottage Grove and Drain each year to visit some of my wifes relatives. This year I'm going to drive the McKenzie Highway to Sisters. If you've driven it I'd love to hear about it.

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

I've done the Mckenzie. If you are talking 242, its only open certain times of the year. Its wonderful, though. Ya gotta watch out for gravel, so many people turn too tight and kick rock onto the turns. But, its a kick. I took my std1100 through there, and left quite a bit of chrome!:D

Here's a screen cap of google earth in the fun section. Many of those twisties are 15mph posted!

126 out of springfield and hwy20 are all good roads, but again, watch for gravel...

Any other questions, feel free to pm...

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
imported post

A harley with it's own trailer - now there's a REAL biker! lol

·
Premium Member
2,970 Posts
imported post

After the $60k I think everyride will be uncomfortable

·
Premium Member
62,938 Posts
imported post

242 is that the road that goes by the lava beds ?? If so I've done it twice in a cage.. Helluva road..........

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.