Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,303 Posts
imported post

Good job on his keeping on riding the bike.

Also a good thing he was wearing ATGATT.

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
imported post

Was that 85 Mile or Kilometers per hour? How quickly they can pop out of nowhere. Very good control of the incident.

Attachments

·
Village Whack Job...
7,907 Posts
imported post

You are lucky. You are so lucky!

"My bikes all messed up and I'm covered in sh!t"

"That doesn't matter! That kills people!?"

Yeah that pretty much sums it up.

·
Friend of Bill W.
1,930 Posts
imported post

Middle of the day. Just like the one I hit on Orcas Island.

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
imported post

larryinseattle wrote:
Middle of the day. Just like the one I hit on Orcas Island.
That was what I noticed also. Most people think of them out early morning or at dusk. Got to watch for them at ALL time.

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

A friend in PA hit one square on taking out his front end of the VTX and just as he was starting to go down a second jumped in front of him, as he hit it had the mind and grabbed it in mid air and rode that deer down and he walked away without a scratch, bike was totaled.
Bought himself a SE, and this late Aug another hit hit like this video did, as the deer bounced the tail end hit the rear of the bike and let go a full load right where his wife would have been sitting, covered her seat and the whole rear end of the bike. She was in the car following him to drop off the car somewhere. He rode it out w/o going down. Had to replace the fairing and right side lower cowl and some other parts. By God's Grace he is still riding it, waiting till it warms up back there as he has all the pieces now. He even had the whistles. Go figure. They must call the deer eh?

·
Senior Mem & Story Teller
3,498 Posts
imported post

Just today I decided that I wanted to get some wind theraphy. Gold Wing or the ATV. Needed to go visit the neighbor so I decided to take the ATV. Was buzzing up the gravel road running about 40 mph and out of the corner of my eye I saw a bambi in the field. Slowed it way down and that Bambi and 8 more came out of the field and across the road. Fun to watch a couple hundred feet away but no fun a couply of inches or closer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.