Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Ok, so got my vest. Gota few patches and pins.

Is there an etiquette/proper pin and patch placement to go on there, or is it just "free-for-all".

Thanks'
GreenBehindTheEars

·
Old Broad
3,843 Posts
imported post

Robert, I can't answer with complete surity but from what I have seen @ various functions, it seens like any which way.;);););):D:D:D:cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil:

·
Premium Member
449 Posts
imported post

I actually don't wear a vest (or CUT as it is known in some circles). From what I have seen your name (if you have it) location and ride/ rallypatches would go higher on the front of the vest. Support patches (POW and such) go lower on the front.

The back is normally for club patches. Be carefull you don't put anything on the back that could be mistaken fora club you don't belong to.

·
I am the Hobo
9,690 Posts
imported post

Its your vest, put 'em where you want. :)

The only advice would be against back patches as the back patch clubs generally object, usually in a physical way. :shock:

Here's mine on a very cold Easter Saturday at the Menin Gate.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

If I could only photoshop ,a number across the bottom of that photo is all thats missing :D:D

·
Premium Member
6,947 Posts
imported post

The only thing you really have to worry about in respect to back patches is multi-piece patches. Something with a center, upper rocker, and lower rocker, as well as a possible tab to the right side is considered a "club" patch, and even if you put the back of your vest together to "look" that way without any club affiliations whatsoever, 3-piece patch clubs tend to get a bit tense about it.

I'm not saying you can't do it, I'm simply advising that if you like your skin, I wouldn't recommend it. :)

Anything on the front is generally fair game.

Mike

·
Premium Member
6,097 Posts
imported post

So what you are saying is I should be careful in designing a patch for the back of my vest?

I hope to get one for me and the wife one day specific for Myakka City.

Right now our gang has two in it. Me and the,,,,,

I better stop right now before I get in trouble.

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

So what do you put on the back then?

·
Premium Member
449 Posts
imported post

A big Goldwing patch on the back or something of that sort.

There was a incedent a few years ago at a rally due toa group of people wearing this patch.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,947 Posts
imported post

If you ride in an area where there is club activity (most places in the US these days), you are safe putting any single patch, or any size you wish on the back.

You may also deck the back of your vest out in a ton of small patches like most people do the front without issue.

What you want to avoid is a big center patch with "rockers" above and below (as in the pic below). Also avoiding the use of "MC" (meaning Motorcycle Club) on a small tab patch on your back will most likely save your skin (the red box).

[align=center]

[align=left]I have seen where people have had single-piece patches embroidered up to look like the above, and had no problems, but if you're wanting to avoid the 1% scrutiny, I would advise avoiding the general shape.

There are tons of associations, riders' groups, etc... who have large, single piece back patches. Generally they're not paid attention to by the clubs...And generally, people who just want to put a single, cool patch on their backs aren't paid attention to either.

Hope this helps a little.

Mike
[/align][/align]

·
Premium Member
6,947 Posts
imported post

MADDOG355 wrote:
A big Goldwing patch on the back or something of that sort.

There was a incedent a few years ago at a rally due toa group of people wearing this patch.
Black Label Society...Gotta' love it...A band trying to get their fans killed. LOL :cheeky1::cheeky1:

Mike

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
imported post

Here's the front of my vest.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
imported post

And the back.
Never had any issues

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,947 Posts
imported post

Nice Dave, very nice.

Mike

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
imported post

Yea, I know, I'm missing some patches. Tried to glue em on, then sew em, but, got lazy after the glue part.

The pins on the upper right (if wearing) are Sturgis pins. the other side are miliary/POW/Rides/Locations.
Did the Run To The Wall in 2004.
The beads, speak for themselves.

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
imported post

My other vest (As in Honda Shadow Sabre and The Sabre Group)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
imported post

And, a closer look at the (dates)"In Memory Of.." patches.

OK, the bottom one is hard to read:

In Memory Of
John Murphy
Wingrider
Riding with the Son
July 19, 2004

John and his wife (Darlene) are CMA members.
I say 'are', cause, I feel he's still with us.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,947 Posts
imported post

Believe me Dave, the beads were the very first thing that I saw.

I wasn't going to do this, but maybe you'll understand why I saw beads first when you see.

Mike

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
imported post

Being a MC club member I can tell you that three piece look alikes are frowned upon in most of western oregon and many parts of california. Stick with a one piece for the back if you have to have one. There are many association patches and generic types that are great. POW/MIA is a good one as is an Eagle and flag. Take your time, meet a few people that you have like interests in and go from there. You never know, you may end up joining an association or group that has a patch and save the back of your vest for that day. Just a thought.

As stated earlier, three piece patched clubs are very territorial for the most part and take their rules very seriously in many areas of the country. I am not familiar with your state, but a quick search on google should let u know the MC's in your state and surrounding area.

Enjoy the ride and remember, all those pins start to add weight to the vest, believe me, stick with patches if you can. LOL

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.