Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Can anyone tell me if i can use the existing rear turn signal stalks to mount to the vetter bags mounting rack? THe vetter rack originally came with its own stalks/bolts, but they aren't there on the frame (which is on its way).Will the taillight stalks go through the vetter frame, and then meet up with a nut on the other side (the existing stalks are threaded at the ends, but have no stop-nut, like the ones needed, or like the front ones).Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
imported post

Hi Mike, I can't remember back that far, I ran a complete Vetter set up on my '75 wing and it seems that we just removedthe turn signals from their OEM mounting and attached them to the Vetter frame. I'm sure someone on this board has had more recent experience and will offer help.

·
Premium Member
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Ok, got the bags/frame. They came with ONE signal stalk, aluminum..grrr. It's got a hollowed bolt that threads in from the other side, so the wires can run through it to the bike. Anyone got any ideas? Can i pull the existing stems off the taillight, and fit a nut on there?

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
imported post

mag wrote:
Can anyone tell me if i can use the existing rear turn signal stalks to mount to the vetter bags mounting rack? THe vetter rack originally came with its own stalks/bolts, but they aren't there on the frame (which is on its way).Will the taillight stalks go through the vetter frame, and then meet up with a nut on the other side (the existing stalks are threaded at the ends, but have no stop-nut, like the ones needed, or like the front ones).Thanks

Mike,

I've just examined the mounting instructions on Craig Vetter's site (http://www.craigvetter.com/images/Vetter%20Fairings/Windjammer-instructions-images/Windjammer_instructions/GL1000%20Bags%201.1mb.pdf). It looks like the stalks are the same as used to mount the front signals on the fairings. I've got a set from an old busted up Windjammer. I'll PM you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.