Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's amazing what I found out by just keeping track of certain things over at eBay. I never knew an actuall cruise-control was available for any bike outside of throttle locks. I'm guessing many here are going to think of what a dangerous proposition this is going to be when installed on a motorcycle. I'm thinking not so dangerous.

Anyway, I'm thinking it's a pretty rare piece of add-on equipment to find new and never installed.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,584 Posts
Cruise control is great on a bike! I have an Audiovox CCS-100 on my 76 and plan to put a Rostra Cruise Control on my 82. Out on the open road they are great.

·
Administrator
27,916 Posts
Why dangerous? A throttle lock would be a lot more dangerous because you have to manually release it.

·
Premium Member
17,087 Posts
I would rather have a cruise control than a throttle lock. It would make going up hills a lot quicker. Judging by the fact that it is for a 1200, I would think that these were not Craig's design but rather whoever owned the name at the time.

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yep, I think CV sold to Bell in 1980. Not certain, but doubt that CV designed this.

I don't think it would be dangerous. No more dangerous than a throttle lock anyway. Matter of fact I think it would be great. I recently purchased a never installed CompuCruise 44. Got it primarily for the trip computer but, it has cruise control as well. Some parts appear similar to the Vetter Cruise. I like the sealed throttle accuator of the Vetter piece more than my CompuCruise piece. The Vetter piece is motorcycle-specific whereas mine is meant to live under the hood of a car.

I'll hook my cruise up. It should be nice to have. I'll keep and use my throttle lock. I'm use to having a throttle lock. I'm always using the throttle lock. Like mentioned, the cruise should be good out on the open road.

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,841 Posts
I think there was an OEM add-on cruise control offered for the 1200's, maybe 85 & later. The 85 LTD and 86 SEI came with cruise control standard, and I think the 87 Aspencade did also. All of the 1500's have cruise control except the Interstates, and all of the 1800's have cruise control execpt the base model of the new F6B. There are many other brands with cruise also. Not sure if that's what you meant or if you were just referring to the add-on cruise. For add-on, there have been several people that adapted an add-on car cruise to their bikes too. I love cruise control on my bike and in my cars too. It helps keep me from getting tickets because my foot tends to be a bit heavy if I'm not using cruise. :ROFL:
John

I never knew an actuall cruise-control was available for any bike outside of throttle locks. I'm guessing many here are going to think of what a dangerous proposition this is going to be when installed on a motorcycle. I'm thinking not so dangerous.

Anyway, I'm thinking it's a pretty rare piece of add-on equipment to find new and never installed.

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was thinking add-on. I guess particular to the old 4-cylinder carburetetted stuff.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.