Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Very active member
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

i started looking around at the idea of a new radio setup. i was wondering if i could put a cycle sounds setup on my bike. i have the 1100 aspy with the honda fairing. i have seen if you have the vetter fairing with the vetter cycle sounds setup. that makes sense, but i didnt know if it would fit on mine. i didnt see any pics with the cycle sounds and honda fairing. please let me know. thanks

·
Premium Member
1,514 Posts
imported post

littlewing wrote:
i started looking around at the idea of a new radio setup. i was wondering if i could put a cycle sounds setup on my bike. i have the 1100 aspy with the honda fairing. i have seen if you have the vetter fairing with the vetter cycle sounds setup. that makes sense, but i didnt know if it would fit on mine. i didnt see any pics with the cycle sounds and honda fairing. please let me know. thanks
are you talking about the system that bolts to the fairing up above the speedo?

·
Very active member
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

yes i believe so. i think it kind of goes in the place of the volt meter and cluster up there.

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
imported post

littlewing wrote:
They make 2 versions of the Cycle Sound pod. One for the Vetter, and one for Hondaline fairings. They are slightly different...

Be cautious buying one from ebay, some sellers claim it came from a Honda Goldwing, but it may have had a Vetter fairing on it.

I have one I am planning to sell, now that I have a 1500, the 1100 will be stripped down to a Standard.

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
imported post

The Honda pods are hard to find as they don't come up for sale too often. I don't know why.

Some of the fellas around here have made the pods meant for the Vetter fairing work. There are some threads on it as recently as over the summer.

I thought the Honda fairing pods were called Ultra-Sound vs. the regular Vetter fairing pods being Cycle-Sound. I'm probably wrong in this though.

Here's a pic with a 1100I and a Cycle-Sound pod for hope:

Attachments

·
Very active member
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

let me know if an when you decide to sell it, i may be interested. i am not looking to spend a fortune. thanks fo rthe info though.

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
imported post

CaptainMidnight85 wrote:
The Honda pods are hard to find as they don't come up for sale too often. I don't know why.

Some of the fellas around here have made the pods meant for the Vetter fairing work. There are some threads on it as recently as over the summer.

I thought the Honda fairing pods were called Ultra-Sound vs. the regular Vetter fairing pods being Cycle-Sound. I'm probably wrong in this though.

Here's a pic with a 1100I and a Cycle-Sound pod for hope:
Cycle Sound was a company that made sound pods for the Vetter, then later for the Hondaline fairing. My Hondaline pod doesn't even have a name, since the original speaker grills are gone. But I used to have a Vetter Sound on my KZ1100, and sorta liked it.

From Vetter's website:

Why are there two different radio housings: Cycle Sound and Vetter Sound?

Here is the Cycle Sound story: Fred Hoese, a dear friend, who now makes "LeatherLyke" saddlebags, invented and manufactured the Cycle Sound back in 1975. Vetter Corp. sold his Cycle Sound kit as an accessory. When I sold the company, the new owner simply copied Fred's design and called it Vetter Sound. All very embarrassing to me. Fred's Cycle Sound is the only legit unit as far as I am concerned.

·
Very active member
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

there are a couple on the bay, but i am not sure which one is the right one. there are a couple of different types. there is one on there and i think it is the correct one for about 50 bucks but i am not sure.

·
Premium Member
1,514 Posts
imported post

i have one lying in my garage just like the one in the pic that was posted above. It came off a 1980 suzuki 1000 with the vetter stuff on the bike.

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
imported post

I have one too lying around that you could have. It's face has been cut to put a normal cd player in it. I'll see if I can't get a pic. It's not new or by any means perfect but I'd give it to you free if you paid shipping.

·
Premium Member
1,489 Posts
imported post

Cycle Sound on an 82 interstate.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,489 Posts
imported post

Their all specific to brand fairing to fit properly.

My first CS was on a Pacifico mounted on my 75 gl1000 :<)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.