Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have a Vetter faring for my 83 Gl1100. The headlight assembly has been taken apart and there are just morebolts, spacers, plastic washersthan I can account for. Does anybody havethe diagram that came with the original faring showing all parts and where they go?? :baffled:

·
Premium Member
720 Posts
imported post

That's probably a tall order these days. Just bump the topic up every so often and someone might have the answer.

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
imported post

stretrod48 wrote:
I have a Vetter faring for my 83 Gl1100. The headlight assembly has been taken apart and there are just morebolts, spacers, plastic washersthan I can account for. Does anybody havethe diagram that came with the original faring showing all parts and where they go?? :baffled:
You might try the Craig Vetter website. I hear that Craig himself is a pretty good guy and answers his emails.

Update: Looks like the instructions are still available here.

·
Premium Member
2,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Thanks 03Silver, My son and I took it apart in late spring and some bolts, washers and rubber pieces, spacersgot mixed up in the parts. My eagle eyed son had spotted a universal head lamp in J.C. Whitney that uses a H-4 quartz halogen bulb that is much brighter that the sealed beam lamp that came in it stock. The new lamp fit in perfectly but I had to do some jury rigging to get the rest together properlyas some rubber pieces were split and broken apart. I will know for sure when it is reinstalled on the bike this fall and I can adjust the headlight properly. :goofygrin: :goofygrin:

·
Premium Member
2,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

axelwik wrote:
stretrod48 wrote:
You might try the Craig Vetter website. I hear that Craig himself is a pretty good guy and answers his emails.

Update: Looks like the instructions are still available here.
Thanks axelwik, I will check it out! :clapper: :clapper: :clapper:

·
Older and Wiser
1,734 Posts
imported post

Thats a handy link to have Marco. Nice to know that good ole Craig is still around. :clapper:

·
Premium Member
2,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Yes, it is good to know. He made good fairly light fairing. I ride naked all summer and put on faring in fall and lowers in winter. It sure makes riding in cold weather much better. :goofygrin:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.