Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi, new to the forum, but have been lurking since picking up a '78 this Spring,I've learned a lot from the board and am addressing the issues that a bike which has been sitting for 10 years accumulates. Something simple: the high beam on the headlight seems to be burned out and it is not obvious how to get it outfrom the Vetter Windjammer fairing.Any reccomendations on how to remove it and fora replacement? (assuming of course , that the old one comes out)

Thanks,

Westco

·
Premium Member
580 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the forum. A Vetter headlight has a plastic trim ring that holds the unit in place. There is a place on the ring that you should depress and then twist the ring counter clockwise.Look all around the trim ring. You will see the part that locks it in place.

·
Premium Member
2,350 Posts
imported post

I have a Vetter faring also but was not happy with the brightness of the light. I ordered a 7" universal quartz halogen lamp which uses an H-4 bulb. This was available from J.C. Whitney for about 15 or 20 bucks and fit like a charm and is brighter and bulbs are easy to find and cheaper.

Welcome to the Forum Wesco and I hope you enjoy your wing as much as I enjoy mine!:waving: :waving: :waving:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.