Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Hey all,

When I purchsed the bike th PO give the oringal fairing mount that came of his bike. He fairing cracked so he thru it away.

He gave me a Vetter Windjammer IVfairing clamining that it fits that bike. My questions is that if it does fit the bike? And where can I find the wiring harness for the bike to the Fairing? And the mounting brackets?

my 82 honda gl1100

Fairng Vetter Windjammer IV Serial 37-458470

·
Premium Member
237 Posts
imported post

The Vetter Windjammers are all alike. Just the mounting bracket is different. You'll find the brackets on ebay from time to time. I've never seen the wiring harness but I've never looked either. You could make one. I may still have the directions from mine 32 years ago.

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
imported post

sfruechte wrote:
The Vetter Windjammers are all alike. Just the mounting bracket is different. You'll find the brackets on ebay from time to time. I've never seen the wiring harness but I've never looked either. You could make one. I may still have the directions from mine 32 years ago.
If you have any data just a simple as wiring diagram? Which to which?

Anybody else please?

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
imported post

i possibly have both the wiring harness for the windjammer as well as the brackets,l;et me check my garage tonight

·
Premium Member
987 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
imported post

To mount your brackets to your bike, you can simply use o-clamps that screw in. Or, if you really want it to stay in place, cut out some rubber, and drill a hole through the harness and through the bike frame, with the rubber in between, and bolt it down. Could have breakage problems here though. I would really do the first.
Good Luck,
Nightrider1

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
imported post

new83wing wrote:
i possibly have both the wiring harness for the windjammer as well as the brackets,l;et me check my garage tonight
Let me know, if your not in the area to sell them, maybe some detailed picture could help.

Thanks for help again guys

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
imported post

well i found em,not sure what they go for.....

make a reasonable offer and there urs

Attachments

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
imported post

new83wing wrote:

I am interested, where does the harness hook up to on the bike? And does it work?

·
Registered
10,509 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
imported post

jwsullivan1981 wrote:
new83wing wrote:

I am interested, where does the harness hook up to on the bike? And does it work?
you need to locate the wiring on the front left under the false tank. unfortunately it will be trial and error to figure which is the turn signals and low/high beams... then you can either use those really stupid blue wire splicers (that will fail over time or cut the lines--both bad) or cut the wires and solder the connections. the ones in the pic sure look like ones for a GL

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
imported post

Thanks again, Yeah I think the one in the picture will work. just need to find out where did the plug that goes on the goldwing plug into or I am splicing wires.

·
Premium Member
1,584 Posts
imported post

The plug end goes to the fairing. The other end gets matched up to the wiring on the bike, each wire individually. There is a wiring diagram on the vetter site that will show what color wire from the fairing goes to what function on the bike. It's the worst part of hooking them up.

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
imported post

yes i just went through the wiring nightmare on my 80.It was a standard and i converted to a semi aspencade with a fiaring bags the whole nine,the orange and i think light blue are the directional wires,ect..its key to go on goldwing docs and get the wiring harness schematics

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
imported post

Heres a pic of were my vetter harness is spliced into my 78. Just got into an accident with my bike and my vetter fairing is junk. Have to find a new windjammer 2,

Mule

Attachments

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
imported post

Mule wrote:
Heres a pic of were my vetter harness is spliced into my 78. Just got into an accident with my bike and my vetter fairing is junk. Have to find a new windjammer 2,

Mule

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,813 Posts
imported post

jwsullivan1981 wrote:
Hey all,

When I purchsed the bike th PO give the oringal fairing mount that came of his bike. He fairing cracked so he thru it away.

He gave me a Vetter Windjammer IVfairing clamining that it fits that bike. My questions is that if it does fit the bike? And where can I find the wiring harness for the bike to the Fairing? And the mounting brackets?

my 82 honda gl1100

Fairng Vetter Windjammer IV Serial 37-458470
The follow color codes are on the bike.

1. Dark Blue wire is high beam.

2. White wire is low beam.

3. Orange wire is left turn signal.

4. Light blue wire is right turn signal.

5. orange/white wire is the running light in the left turn signal.

6. Light blue/white wire is the running light in the right turn signal.

7. Green wire is ground.

I installed a Lee's Starr fairing on my 1977 Gold Wing many years ago.

All of my wires connected inside the headlight nacelle.

The Lee's Starr fairing looks exactly like the Vetter Windjammer III fairing. Also mounts exactly the same.

The basic difference between the Windjammer III and IV are the turn signals. The Windjammer III turn signals are mounted on a post. The Windjammer IV turn signals are built into the fairing.

I also have the wire colors for each function on the Lee's Starr fairing, don't know if they would be the same colors as the Vetter fairing.

The wire colors are the same on the GL1000 and GL1100...!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
imported post

Well bump back to the top, I hvae no luck with getting the mount or wiring harness. Does anybody habe one laying around they will to sell?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.