Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Last two times I started my 1800 (cold start, ~70 degrees outside temp.) the whole bike was vibrating. No wierd sounds and motor seemed to be running okay. But you could see the mirrorsand handle bars vibrating. Rode a mile or so and could slightly feel the vibration. After it was warmed up everything seemed okay. Anyone got any idea what is up with this???:?

·
Premium Member
2,137 Posts
imported post

more power to the inertial dampeners during startup

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
imported post

Could be a weak spark plug when cold or one of the O2 sensors playing up. Is your GL1800 one of the early models?

·
Premium Member
2,642 Posts
imported post

Yep sounds like a plug or fuel mixture acting up.... Might be a plug wire going bad.

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
imported post

Bike is a 2007 with 33k+ on the clock.New plugs at 17k. If problem persist, which it has, I'll be putting a new set of plugs in to see of that fixes it.If its an O2 sensor the dealer will be doing some warranty work. Thanks for the responses.

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
imported post

Have you tried the ECM reset? Often that works. Its just disconnecting the battery for a few seconds and after reconnecting it start the engine without touching the throttle until its warmed up fully.

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
imported post

Jason wrote:
Have you tried the ECM reset? Often that works. Its just disconnecting the battery for a few seconds and after reconnecting it start the engine without touching the throttle until its warmed up fully.
+1..:clapper:

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
imported post

I have reset the ECM in the past but I have never disconnected the battery to do it. I have just started the bike cold and let it run until the fans kicked on and off onetime,then shut it off and restarted it. Anyway,I got me a new set on plugs and will install them this weekend along with resetting the ECM. Hope that fixes it?????

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.