Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Had a guy come over and look at a mu**le loader I've got for sale. He was riding a Victory low end Vegas? But it was a nice bike. We talked, but it boils down to he didn't care for the bike. Hot, not to loud, stock exhaust, small seat, did I mention HOT. I mentioned our Wing and took him out for a look.
Said his wife won't ride, no real seat, gets tired of feeling like she is going to fall off, no torque in 6th gear. Etc I could tell he wanted to take the Wing for a quick ride, but I said no, he went through the ABATE course this spring awfully new rider for stepping up to a Wing.
But I did tell him I would take the Wing to his house and let his wife set on it, and maybe a quick ride with ME not him.
Am I out of bounds on this or let it die? He really was impressed with Wing and really an older one can be had reasonable around here.
What I did was sell someones Wing, and miss out on selling the loader:?
He was 35 very polite, all an all a good guy.

·
Premium Member
1,735 Posts
imported post

lol, sounds like you did great with the exception of not selling yours. :ROFL: I wouldn't let anyone ride my wing either. They can sit on it and get a feel for it, maybe even ride with me, but not ride by themselves. A "mayhem" Allstate commercial comes to mind. lol

·
Premium Member
2,076 Posts
imported post

DO IT

·
Vintage Rider
2,410 Posts
imported post

I would NEVER let anyone ride ANY of my bikes, unless it was a total beater. There are a lot of ways to damage a bike, and crashing is only one of them.

I saw a nearly new dirt bike once, several years ago, where the engine and transmission had literally exploded. Honda XR200 I believe. The rider was a total beginner, and had just bought the bike. My understanding was he had gotten it up to a fairly high speed in top gear, then somehow managed to downshift all the way to first or second, and let the clutch out while still going fast. There wasn't much left.

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
imported post

JerryH wrote:
I would NEVER let anyone ride ANY of my bikes, unless it was a total beater. .
I bet if I came to your house Jerry, You would let me ride your bike........... Of course you'd be right on my A$$ on my bike but..........

You did the right thing Bvanemon, you were gracious enough to offer to take it to his house and show it off, thats more than most would do. I don't blame you for not wanting a new rider on your wing, wouldn't happen with me either.

·
Premium Member
8,242 Posts
imported post

:?just sounds like you are a nice guy ?

·
Vintage Rider
2,410 Posts
imported post

Being a nice guy at the wrong time can get you into a whole lot of trouble. I'm a nice guy too, but only to a point. I will not stop to help someone in a car or truck, you never know if there is someone hiding on the other side with a gun or knife. I might ride on up a few miles, and stop and call the police and let them know about it, but it is just too risky to get involved personally. It's sad that it has to be that way, and I wish it wasn't, but I didn't make the world the way it is. I just have to try and survive in it.

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
imported post

I'll stop for a car or truck. It just depends on the situation. Here in Minnesota, out on a rural road with winter temperatures ranging from 40 degrees to negitive teens and wind chills in the negitive 20's...I couldn't live with myself if I didn't stop for someone under those conditions. Also, I have "ways" to protect myself. :makemyday::axeman::weightlifter::lash:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.