Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know one side is burning coolant, so it's time to replace both. Is there a video on this site or youtube to show how to replace these? My Clymer manual is not going to help much with this fix

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks- right side #3 is leaking into the exhaust when hot. A swab showed coolant with cold Bike only on that cylinder. Oil is very clean, like new. Plugs are oily on threads but clean on the business end. Left side shows some tan, right side not. Bike has 83k on it. I was hoping to avoid pulling the belts. I installed new ones about 10k miles ago when I had to replace the pulse gens. I did my own Poor Boy-type conversion about 5k miles ago and put in new coolant at that time, but I will be flushing the rad and put in new. Just installed new coils and wires. I have never touched the carbs, I always store the bike for the winter with MMO run through the carbs and it always starts in spring with one touch of the starter button and runs like a top, but I wonder if I will have to remove those as well? The book says no if only one side, but yes if doing both. I assume I would have to buy a carb synchro tool...I think it's not running good now due to loss of compression. I will probably buy a compression tester as well...I just don't want to turn this job into more than I can handle. I live in Northern New Mexico and help is a long ways away.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts