Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

A company bought the rights to the 'Vincent' name as in "Black Shadow" and is going to build a new model with a Honda V-4 high performance motor !

Honda is only going to supply the engines!

Saw proto types, looks kind of cool !:cool:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Yeah but it ain't a 'Wing!:bash:

·
Premium Member
805 Posts
imported post

Is this a new one...

I've seen the RC51 motored one in the magazines. V-Twin.

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Something totally different !

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Were the VW's trikes or cars?

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

I only brought the subject up for those of us old enough to appreciate a "Vincent"!

There was a time in America when a person rolled up on a "Vincent"or A "Norton " it was a special site and got much respect!

Kind of cool to see them ressurect these old bike in one form or another, I think?!

Just like seeing a cherry GL 1000 going down the road, it's a special site !:cooler:

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
imported post

There is a lot of bikes I would like to own, but if I want to get there and home, I'll take my Wing!!!

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

I agree !:cool:

·
Premium Member
805 Posts
imported post

77GL1 wrote:
My '71 Norton Commando Interstate was my favorite of all time, but this '77 GL1000 is spectacular for what it's made for....I like it fine!!
My '73 Honda CL450 was fun, but had to stop and pick up the parts that fell off.

My'75 Norton was a great ride, but Lucas electronics kept me in the dark.

My'81 Gold Wing was such a good bike, I wish I'd never sold it or could find it again.

My '86 Venture Royal was a Hot Rod touring rig.

My'87 Gold Wing Interstate with all the Honda accesories was a very nice ride.

Then back to the Dark side, the '94 FZR1000, holy crap was that an interesting motorcycle, fast ohmygod, scary, would best my buddys HD top speed in second gear.

Now back to '89 Gold Wing, not as fast or as nimble as the 1800's, but puts on the miles. I'm used to the hinge in the middle when I push too hard. Hard to beat the torque it has, put it in 5th gear and never downshift unless stopping.

It's hard to beat a Gold Wing, any vintage for the enjoyment of motorcycling. They have one problem in common though...you don't breakdown often enough to meet people along the way.

Now let's see there's that new RC51...hmmmm...yep it'll fit in the garage, next to the Wing.

·
Senior Guru
2,234 Posts
imported post

wingdawg101 wrote:
I only brought the subject up for those of us old enough to appreciate a "Vincent"!

There was a time in America when a person rolled up on a "Vincent"or A "Norton " it was a special site and got much respect!

Kind of cool to see them ressurect these old bike in one form or another, I think?!

Just like seeing a cherry GL 1000 going down the road, it's a special site !:cooler:

I vivdly recall pulling up next to a Vincent Black Shadow and was amazed at how the kickstarter (remember those things?) swept out to the side of the bike rather than the front to back style typical of most bikes.

Glad that they haven't let the Vincent name slip away because they were truly remarkable machines.

Vic

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
imported post

Tonys96 wrote:
My'75 Norton was a great ride, but Lucas electronics kept me in the dark.
Dispite what everyone says about Lucas, there's nothing wrong with their components. On both my '71 Commando and my '71 Bonnieville I removed the original wiring harness (and battery, coils, condensors) and put in the battery-box, 2 hugh Delco car coils with built in ballasts...and wired in a capasitor in place of the battery. After doing this, along with new wires (no condensors), I never, ever had another problem of any sort with the electrics (Lucas components).

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Hey Ed and Vic, you two are the first I've heard in a long life giving a positive testimonial for Lucas Electric. I may as well die in bed tonight, my life is complete, there can't be anything to top that, there's no point in going on, winning a $100,000,000 lottery would be an anticlimax. An alien landing in my backyard would be boring. I can't believe you guys have so casually said something so profoundly shocking. You should erase those two posts before anyone else reads them.

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
imported post

Show us some pictures! :cooler:

·
Senior Guru
2,234 Posts
imported post

exavid wrote:
Hey Ed and Vic, you two are the first I've heard in a long life giving a positive testimonial for Lucas Electric. I may as well die in bed tonight, my life is complete, there can't be anything to top that, there's no point in going on, winning a $100,000,000 lottery would be an anticlimax. An alien landing in my backyard would be boring. I can't believe you guys have so casually said something so profoundly shocking. You should erase those two posts before anyone else reads them.

Naw, maybe Ed and I are just the two luckiest guys in the world.

Honestly, I never had a single electrical problem with any English car I've owned. Closest I came to having a problem was in my Jaguar XJ12. I didn't realize that I had to manually switch from one fuel tank to the other, otherwise I'd run out of fuel. Only happened once.

Vic

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
imported post

exavid wrote:
Considering how many vehicles in the world have Lucas electrics and their racing success...I think that many of the complaints come from owner of very old "rides". What I found particularly in the motorcycles was very poor wiring harnesses. Once new wiring is put in, the components worked great and reliably. Seems like just good 'ol common sense to me. Heck my '76 CB836F, or it's wiring was in terrible shape when I got it. Nothing worked....so I put my own wiring in, everything worked great after that. I've had the identical experience with all the old "Britts" I've had too.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.