Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks - I've owned a 1981 GL1100i Type 1 components, etc as second owner. Bought it when it was just 2 years old.
Lots of years later now :)
Still have it, and kept pristine and original.

I really would like a solid reference for someone I can send my front calipers and front master cylinder to for a quality rebuild. I don't want them repainted I just want them pulled apart, cleaned and assembled.

I've done them myself several times over the years. Just want to service them out at this point to get them turned around and not tie me up.

Please provide a shop/service that has good rep for vintage Honda Caliper/MC rebuilds that you would recommend.

I want to get the bike rolling again and the brakes come first. So I can roll the chassis while working on other stuff.

I'm looking for a reputable vintage Honda shop that will rebuild and turn the brake calipers and front master cylinder around with quality work and know what they are doing.

Preferably on the East Coast, but is not critical. Quality of service is most important.

Ray

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,900 Posts
give this guy a call, he specializes in old bike restorations, from the spokes to the carbs.

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did find what seems to be a reputable shop that is working on my two front calipers and the front master. I'll follow up with the results but this shop was written up awhile back in a couple major bike rags regarding vintage Japanese brake services. I rebuilt these myself with good results previously. Getting older now and have other irons in the fire as they say. Just wanted to ship them out and not tie myself up as I'm also actively working on other projects :) So - I did find a resource that I think will be great. Will pass on an update once I get them back, back on the bike bleed out, etc.

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
give this guy a call, he specializes in old bike restorations, from the spokes to the carbs.

Hi John - thanks for the reference! I'm not mechanically challenged but definitely looking to ship things out these days as I have a number of projects. I already have a "randakk set" of rebuilt original carbs from the bike on the shelf that I need to install. Need to get the chassis rolling so I can get to that.

I might check out your resource though as the "81 Gl1100i project" progresses. It's a cool bike, I'm 3rd owner and had it in my possession since 1984. I've kept it in great shape, full type 1 radio, accessories, gauge pod etc.

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi folks - I've owned a 1981 GL1100i Type 1 components, etc as second owner. Bought it when it was just 2 years old.
Lots of years later now :)
Still have it, and kept pristine and original.

I really would like a solid reference for someone I can send my front calipers and front master cylinder to for a quality rebuild. I don't want them repainted I just want them pulled apart, cleaned and assembled.

I've done them myself several times over the years. Just want to service them out at this point to get them turned around and not tie me up.

Please provide a shop/service that has good rep for vintage Honda Caliper/MC rebuilds that you would recommend.

I want to get the bike rolling again and the brakes come first. So I can roll the chassis while working on other stuff.

I'm looking for a reputable vintage Honda shop that will rebuild and turn the brake calipers and front master cylinder around with quality work and know what they are doing.

Preferably on the East Coast, but is not critical. Quality of service is most important.

Ray
Hi folks - just a follow up. I did find a great service on my front calipers and master cylinder. Sent them to:

Moto-Services
Email: [email protected]
www.moto-vintage.net

Very personalized service - great communications. Exceptional work. Very pleased with over all experience and quality of work.

Ray

1 - 7 of 7 Posts