Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Lookey what I made ma. :ROFL:

I really need to learn to use the camera better. That's actually clean shiny black vinyl the Gold, Gold Prism, and "chrome" vinyl is on.
Sun shining in window on it partly.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
imported post

Well, anyway, I cut some stuff up/out today to try some things.
I think I will go with the Prism Gold vinyl for "Wild Rhino" on back of my gray 88, and the Chrome look vinyl for Chromo.

Vinyl is supposed to stick well, remove easy, not harm the paint, and stand up to weather and sun well.
I'll be putting a few things on my wings with it.

I like all 3, but I really like that prism gold. Gives a nice Rainbow/prism reflection just like it should. Hard to see it in my yucky picture but of course the one that looks lit with LEDS is one of the Prism Gold catching the light just right.
I always like that prism stuff, used to use the store bought tapes and such for dash's in older cars around the 70's. Man that stuff was expensive then too.

·
Premium Member
1,514 Posts
imported post

thats kool looking, I see thet i am not the only one that did the rainbow/prizum tape back in the day.

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

readingracer wrote:
thats kool looking, I see thet i am not the only one that did the rainbow/prizum tape back in the day.
Yep.
I always like the stuff but was too costly for me to use allot.
Now I got a roll of it and a cutter and probably will plaster everything with it LOL

·
Premium Member
1,514 Posts
imported post

:ROFL:I hear ya,back in the day i did the dash of my 62 dodge dart so it would neat like the dash of the smokey and the bandit trans-am dash. Are you going to sell them? If so how much or is it going to be by the letter and size?

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Sure I can sell them if people want them.

The "WILD RHINO" I did is about 3/4"-1" tall and 5-6" wide they aren't all the same size. I think for something about that size maybe $3 for the first one and $1.50 each for more of the same design.

First one is more cause it includes the shipping and special clear tape to apply the design which is re-usable for the others and also it's the one I that takes time to set up.

Would that sound fair?

·
Premium Member
1,514 Posts
imported post

that sounds good to me. Is that enough to cover the cost of the vinyl meterial and your time? what about other names like peoples screen or road names, by the letter? also what is the cost difference between the chrome,gold, and the prisem vinyl. I am going to PM you my numbers so we can talk.

·
Premium Member
1,514 Posts
imported post

theonegod wrote:
Next time bounce your flash.
I guess i am not understanding?

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

theonegod wrote:
Next time bounce your flash.
Actually I did not use flash on that one, that's the sun shining through the window blinds.

Good idea though, I'll try taking better pics with the flash and bounce it.

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

I took several pics of these from various angles and flash settings, having trouble getting a good prism effect in the camera though they really prism in person.

I call these "Tribute to the American Mudflap" LOL
I did the poses in one of my art programs with a figure then cut them out.

I kinda messed up the arm on the one on the top right but left it in anyway.
That one is really strange! I did not print anything, just cut out shape, but in one of the other photos she has eyes, nose, and breasts like a faded photo, and how that happened I have NO idea!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

readingracer wrote:
that sounds good to me. Is that enough to cover the cost of the vinyl meterial and your time? what about other names like peoples screen or road names, by the letter? also what is the cost difference between the chrome,gold, and the prisem vinyl. I am going to PM you my numbers so we can talk.
I think if a design is not too complicated and is easy to do like names etc.. I'd be good at $3.50 for the first one and $1.50 each for the extra's.

Long as it's not to big a name I'm fine. I can go about 11" wide but for various reasons I'd like to keep length around 6" or less.
For now all the vinyl would be the same cost. I also have plain colors like red, blue, black etc...

Wife used this design she found on one of her craft site forums and cut it from card stock then colored it red. Please don't ask for anything like this in vinyl LOL

Attachments

·
Premium Member
335 Posts
imported post

Hey Chromo - was good to meet you. (He rode over to just south of Joplin to pick up a belly pan and toe rests) Now I really can see what intricate stuff you can make. That last one would take hours and hours to pick out the waste stock.

That would be a good way to replace lost or worn emblems on side covers and such.Could even change it around, like Oldwing for and older ride, one with a lot of chrome could be Goldbling, Blingwing - lots of possibilities.

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
imported post

Was good to meet you too Don.

Yes, getting too fancy like that one the wife cut out takes time to clean up for sure. With paper/cardstock allot sticks to cut mat or falls out. With adhesive vinyl it all has to be hand picked because the backing paper does not get cut.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.