Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am watching closely what is happening in Virginia. This could get serious shortly.
Any members from Virginia? Would love to hear from you.

·
Administrator
58,202 Posts
was discussing this today with a friend...
our consensus is that no matter what the idiot governor thinks, and tries to do, no one is going to do what he wishes.... as regards to taking guns from innocent owners.

the Natl Guard swore to honor the Constitution, not a tyrant dictator.

·
Administrator
24,848 Posts
They are just trying to turn law abiding citizens into criminals.

·
Premium Member
3,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
He is going to try. That is my point and why I am watching closely. Could get very interesting and soon.

·
Premium Member
3,387 Posts
I lived there from 2004 until the spring of 2017 when my wife wanted to move back to Fla. due to my step-son passing.. While I was there, living in the western part of the state, the area was Very gun friendly with one hiccup from the state's attorney when they decided not to honor other state's concealed carry permits like Fla. saying something to the effect that those states didn't have strict enough testing for the permit which was BS because I looked the requirements up!! There was an uproar about it and they decided it was best to leave well enough alone!!

But as to what's going on now?? Pretty much everyone I knew up there was Democrat or leaned that way so I'm not too surprised with the hole they've dug for themselves. But... I foresee MAJOR lawsuits coming as 91 out of 95 counties, 13 out of 38 independent cities, and 24 towns have adopted Second Amendment sanctuary resolutions!!!! They have not taken to the idea of these proposed laws too well!!

How serious are these proposed laws?? I did some reading and one of them in particular caught my eye as it was talking about how funds would be allocated for enforcement: Funds would be allocated for a special Team to be trained in enforcement of the law when it was passed!!!!

Now that's some Scary Crap right there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Administrator
24,848 Posts
How serious are these proposed laws?? I did some reading and one of them in particular caught my eye as it was talking about how funds would be allocated for enforcement: Funds would be allocated for a special Team to be trained in enforcement of the law when it was passed!!!!

Now that's some Scary Crap right there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Imagine that being nation wide if or when the democrats take complete control.

·
Premium Member
3,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They are starting to fold. After 1000+ showed up to protest, they have dropped the AR15 confiscation bill. Hopefully more to come.

·
Administrator
58,202 Posts
War is being declared:

my son just called me, and he has news sources that are saying "The Military" is now proclaiming that all Night Vision goggles are for their use only, civilians are NOT allowed to own them.
duckDuckGo can't find anything on this, Google is not even acknowledging the FAA's declaration of a No flight zone.

·
Administrator
58,202 Posts
he told me that for today, ATN is still selling them to Civilians.

are they legal for us:

·
Administrator
58,202 Posts
there is going to be bodily injuries before this is over

·
Administrator
24,848 Posts
War is being declared:

my son just called me, and he has news sources that are saying "The Military" is now proclaiming that all Night Vision goggles are for their use only, civilians are NOT allowed to own them.
duckDuckGo can't find anything on this, Google is not even acknowledging the FAA's declaration of a No flight zone.
The military has no authority on what civilians can or cannot have.

·
Administrator
24,848 Posts
there is going to be bodily injuries before this is over

He must think he got elected dictator.

·
Administrator
58,202 Posts

·
Administrator
24,848 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
I heard today that West Virginia has offered to accept any Virginia counties that would like to leave Virginia. It seems that there is still a law that would allow this from when West Virginia was formed.

·
Administrator
58,202 Posts
I lived in New Mexico for 11+ years.
at the time, it seemed to me, to be generally a Greater Southwest type of atmosphere, no unlike Texas where carrying a gun in your truck, or on your hip was not thought of as "dangerous"

but, today is seeing a new brand of folks trying to control the lives of all innocents.... it has been 30 years since I lived there..... sheesh.

·
Administrator
24,848 Posts
I heard today that West Virginia has offered to accept any Virginia counties that would like to leave Virginia. It seems that there is still a law that would allow this from when West Virginia was formed.
That would be good news to the liberals in Virginia, the conservative counties leave and makes them stronger.

·
Premium Member
3,387 Posts
That would be good news to the liberals in Virginia, the conservative counties leave and makes them stronger.
Actually Dave I think it would make Virginia weaker due to the population shift. At the least your talking about loosing some seats in the House of Representatives and also some Federal Funding, most of which goes to the eastern side of the state anyway!

·
Administrator
24,848 Posts
Actually Dave I think it would make Virginia weaker due to the population shift.
But it would make the liberals within the state stronger, that was my point.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts