Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
26,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I had seen the sign by the street in Poteau Oklahoma before and even followed it and did not find the way to the worlds tallest hill, Cavanal hill. Today we went riding and was in eastern Oklahoma so I decided I am going to find it. Went to Poteau and asked directions at a convenience store, after the 3rd person someone actually knew how to get there. There is only one sign literally, coming in from the south a small sign by the main street, nothing from the north and no other signs where you have to make turns to get there. Seems they would be more proud of it than that. The road to it is in terrible condition, broken pavement and pot holes. Finally made it to the top and there is no marker, plaque or anything else, just antenna towers and they seemed to have started building a picnic area that has been vandalized already. Oh well at least I can say I have been on the worlds tallest hill.

·
Premium Member
1,514 Posts
imported post

Yes sir for being in OK. you are way up there nice veiw though. Shame folks have to ruin stuff faster than they can fix it.

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
imported post

There was a house up there,belonged to Sen.Robert S.Kerr. President Kennedy spent the night up there when he dedicated the Skyline highway.
They done $3200 dollars damage to a 61 Olds convertable getting him up and back to the cabin. Lots of history up there. PS I was there in 1962 building on to the Black Angus Motel,and met the Kerr's.
Ditchdigger

·
Administrator
26,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Ditchdigger wrote:
They done $3200 dollars damage to a 61 Olds convertable getting him up and back to the cabin.
I see the road hasn't improved much since either.
That must have totaled the 61 olds. It couldn't have cost much more than that new.

·
Premium Member
1,572 Posts
imported post

Cool pics Dave....but what makes it a tall hill and not a short mountain?

·
Administrator
26,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Cool, that makes Roxy Ann Peak on the East edge of Medford a mountain at 2000'. And all this time I thought it was jut a hill. In Alaska if it doesn't have a permanent snowcap it's a hill.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.