Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

A big thank you to Jluvs2dive and his friend Greg. I didn't have a clue how my butt would feel after riding around Washington State and seeing two volcano's in one day. By the time Tiny Tim and me got back to our digs on Whidbey Island, we were exhausted. We left Whidbey this morning and only made it to Roseburg, Oregon with no energy to party. Who would have guessed that the average temperature was going to be 97F, I didn't know Oregon could get that hot?

John and Greg, thanks for the warm Washington hospitality and tour of a lot of your State, I'll be sleeping on my stomach tonight. Mt. Ranier was majestic and Mt. St. Helens was scary, all that devastation is still very apparent and nerve rattling when you see her still venting, with the smell and taste of Mother Nature's gasses. Great ride guys, I hope I can reciprocate when you make it down to southern California.

Kurt

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,841 Posts
imported post

It was a pleasure seeing you again Kurt, and a pleasure to meet you Tiny Tim! I love riding those roads too, so it was definitely no big effort on my part! :action: Thanks for lunch too Tim! I'm sorry we wore you out but I hope it was worth it. :)

Here's a couple of shots from the day. More can be found here.

John

From the left, Tiny Tim (Tim), ekurtike (Kurt), Jluvs2dive (John), NaturalyGW (Greg)
Mount Rainier in the background

Mount St. Helens - This used to be all old growth timber

Mount St. Helens - notice all the old trees still layed out like toothpicks, 29 years after she blew her top.

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
imported post

It was great riding with you guys, and getting to know you. Look forward to doing some more riding together someday.

·
Senior Moment Member
3,707 Posts
imported post

I'm glad you enjoyed the area up here. Like I told J when he PM'd me I had to work while you guys were enjoying the great weather up here:X.

Southern Oregon around Roseburg/Myrtle Creek/Grants Pass gets hot every summer. There are quite a few days that it gets over 100 there. They shut down the woods for logging and camping when it gets to hot and dry for to long.

Down your way I miss being able to take a ride to the Rock Store, its great to go there and people watch as the bikes come and go.

Again I am sure glad you were here on our "Two weeks per year" where we have good weather!!;)

Remember in the Northwest we don't tan we rust. Tans fade away, but rust is forever.:dude:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Yeah, it's been over 100 here in Medford for the past several days. It was cool today, only around 94F.

Hey Kurt are those the only pair of jeans you have?:cooldevil:

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

exavid wrote:

Hey Kurt are those the only pair of jeans you have?:cooldevil:
[/quote]

Those Icon riding pants are now in the Washington land fill somewhere, they outlived their usefulness. Besides, they were starting to walk around on their own.

Greg, I hope you didn't get into too much trouble with your wife with our extended ride. Tim and myself really enjoyed your company and commentary during the ride.

Kurt

·
Premium Member
6,097 Posts
imported post

I am sooooooo jealous!!!

I've always want to see Mount St. Helens.

·
12,841 Posts
imported post

lostinflorida wrote:
I am sooooooo jealous!!!

Well get your butt up here and we'll hook you up. ;):D

·
Premium Member
206 Posts
imported post

Great pics !! thnx for sharing :)

·
Premium Member
662 Posts
imported post

Im glad you had a great ride... We are really spoiled with endless Fantastic Rides up here in the North West.

Three weeks ago I rode from Portland Or. out to the Pacific Ocean ( Seaside ) then North along the coast, Then east to Mt.St. Helens , We rode around and up both sides of St. Helens then proceeded south riding through the woods and along rivers untill we meet up with the Columbia River and then headed east on Rt.14 and crossed at Hood River and then rode up to Mt. Hood (another volcano) and had a bite to eat at the Timber Line Lodge (You must see this Lodge ) Then headed west along the south side of Columbia River and stopped at Mulltnomah Falls and then up to the Vista House riding on the Historic Columbia Highway then ended back in Portland. It was a Loooong and FantasticRide.

I feel every ridershould at least once in their ridinglife do a tour of the Beaches, Mountain's, River's, Desert's, Forest. ect. ect. ect. up here in the North West it is truly Great.

Take Care - Jim

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

It's grand long as you can stay out of the traffic in Seattle/Tacoma and Portland.:cooldevil:

·
Premium Member
6,097 Posts
imported post

Jluvs2dive wrote:
lostinflorida wrote:
I am sooooooo jealous!!!

Well get your butt up here and we'll hook you up. ;):D
I'll keep my fingers crossed. It is definitely on my bucket list...:cheeky1:

Be able to cross off several on the list with that trip...

Mt. St. Helens,,,

Bears tooth Pass,

Meet Cousin Jack...

pee in the Pacific...

You know,,, the important things.

·
12,841 Posts
imported post

lostinflorida wrote:
I'll keep my fingers crossed. It is definitely on my bucket list...:cheeky1:

Be able to cross off several on the list with that trip...

Mt. St. Helens,,,

Bears tooth Pass,

Meet Cousin Jack...

pee in the Pacific...

You know,,, the important things.
:D:D

·
Premium Member
662 Posts
imported post

exavid wrote:
It's grand long as you can stay out of the traffic in Seattle/Tacoma and Portland.:cooldevil:
You are soooo right Paul... I guess you don't have to worry about the traffic anymore down there in medford huh ? :cool: Take Care Jim

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.