Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

would like some feed back on gettingf the vogager kit or a sidecar for my goldwing, I still can ride the two wheeler, but as time goes on-72,I'll be going to a vogager or side car. Is there a big difference between the two? which one is easier to handle? I have been thing of the tow-pac as well. I also have a 08 yamaha 1300 tour delux. Can the 1200 handle the vogager or the side car. Semper 7

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
imported post

semper7 wrote:
would like some feed back on gettingf the vogager kit or a sidecar for my goldwing, I still can ride the two wheeler, but as time goes on-72,I'll be going to a vogager or side car. Is there a big difference between the two? which one is easier to handle? I have been thing of the tow-pac as well. I also have a 08 yamaha 1300 tour delux. Can the 1200 handle the vogager  or the side car. Semper 7
Any Goldwing can handle any sidecar with the appropriate hookup kit... If you're carrying a passenger or a lot of cargo, the sidecar might be a better addition than a "trike kit." Here's a picture of my wife and son taken in Zion National Park way back in 1993. The bike was a Goldwing 1100 and the sidecar a Motorvation. We had a lotta fun in that thing....Alaska, Utah, and some other trips. when I get teetery (I'm sixty nine), I might just slap on another sidecar to my Honda ST1300.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts
imported post

I hope you go for a sidecar, they are just cool. I am trying to talk my 80 year old father-in-law to go with it too. He still rides his Suzuki Boulevard, but is complaining a little bit after a dual knee operation. It's kinda funny to watch him with a handicap plate and a kane sticking out of his saddlebag as we cruise together...

·
Trike Master
1,248 Posts
imported post

Take a test ride on an "outrigger"(Voyager or Tow Pack). I found them difficult to steer and some raise the inside tire in turns. The best I have seen of these type add ons is the TriggTrike version.
Would be imptoved w/a rake kit but, then you can not remove the out rigger to ride as a 2 wheeler.
The out riggers should not be called nor confused with a true trike kit!
Side cars are OK but, ended up not being my choice.

·
Premium Member
2,445 Posts
imported post

A well set-up sidecar is a real treat to drive (so I hear, mine has "issues"). Sidecar rigs are asymetrical leading to the car pulling right on acceleration and pushing left on braking. You'll need to learn to expect/play the "yaw" component. But once you are used to it, yaw is most of the fun!!

·
Premium Member
6,870 Posts
imported post

I have a Voyager kit on my 98 1500,don't like it, would sell it.

·
Premium Member
213 Posts
imported post

Turning 84 next month. Have had a Voyager on my '89 GW 1500 about 4 years, and never regretted the expense, handles OK. Have had both knees in surgery, headed for hip replacement tomorrow and intend to be back riding as soon as weather permits.

Have an Aus Shepherd dog that would like to go along but he is too big for pssgr seat behind. If I had it to do over, would probably go for a sidecar. As is, Voyager as long as I ride and no regrets. Which ever way you go, consider IF you will have a pssgr, wife or friend, which will be more comfortable . My guess is sidecar will do it and it offers ample room for any temp cargo you may want to transport.

Polkwing

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.