Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Does anyone know where the plug and play connection is located under the right pocket for the Hondaline volt meter. Found a 18 pin connector and that is all

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

What year is the bike? Also heated grips? Navi? Makes a difference in what cross over wire harness you need, it is not just plug and play, will take a harness, and depends on year and how it is equipped, or you can abandon the factory way and hook it to the battery.

Kit

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

It is a 2006 goldwing with premium package - heated grips and seat. I checked wingstuff web site, a couple of individuals say there is a red connector that they used. I do not find a red connector. The only one I find is the one for the cb.

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

Sorry cannot help with a red connector. Most of the volt meters include or sell as an accessory a harness that connects in the left hand side to the WHITE connector. This is the power connector normally used or in place for an AUX power outlet.

I did look at the wiring harness schematic and it shows under the right side fairing cover(not the pocket) an extra plug. This plug is in the wiring harness right where the pin connector in the harness connect to the ambient temperature sensor. It shows an extra pin connector there, but does not give a color , just shows it.

I would have to pull the shelter off to find it Or maybe a mirror and strong light would do. I will look next time , but this does not help you now.

You can always run from the battery up to it, fish a wire under the shelter, remove the seat and fish it up over the engine and hook it up, then next time or when the shelter is removed, neaten it up later with wire tires.

I will remove the right pocket myself some time this week and look , have never seen a red connector, is not shown in the service manual, but.....could be up in a boot somewhere , I will look later in the week.

Kit

·
Premium Member
716 Posts
imported post

On the wife's 2003 its in the right pocket........just keep digging.....its way down there in a rubber boot.

I hooked up the volt gauge last winter...got the one from Electrical Connection....the instructions literally said KEEP DIGGING.....its in there.....sure enough I found it.

Tim

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

Was Wannabewing wrote:
On the wife's 2003 its in the right pocket........just keep digging.....its way down there in a rubber boot.

I hooked up the volt gauge last winter...got the one from Electrical Connection....the instructions literally said KEEP DIGGING.....its in there.....sure enough I found it.

Tim
Thanks. :) I think I will purchase a volt meter for mine, and go on a hunt for the red plug!! A voltmeter is a good addition, why they do not have one stock is ? But would be a good tool and could show a bad alternator before it actually fully dies.

Kit

It would appear that if you own an 2006 and up, the red plug is nevermore. Not there, gone, no longer exists. So for plug and play the accessory harness would be needed to cross over from the *********** plug on the left side. Or just run to some wire that is hot or from the battery. According to this information the plug is gone. See the information from electrical connection on their meter. Kit
Direct Line Parts Online Store

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.