Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have this set of gauges on my 85 GL 1200LTD. Does anyone recognize these? The voltage thing I understand but what about the temp part of the gauge? It does say Honda on the part but what do they hook to? They occasionally start to work when I start the bike but then fade off to nothing. Any help or info on these would be appreciated.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,318 Posts
imported post

I have never seen any gauges like that on a LTD. I don't know what they were made for but they didn't come on the LTD from the factory. I bought an 85 LTD new and it didn't have anything like that on it. Someone has added that on your bike.

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

I'm just wondering if this a "hondaline accessory? I didn't think it was stock. I guess I'll just do some experimenting and see what I can do to make it work. If I can't I'll just replace it with the stock pocket that belongs there.

·
Premium Member
2,142 Posts
imported post

I may have seen something like that perhaps top part was an altimeter? Difficult for me to see in your pic. Your LTD would have an engine temp. guage built into dash but I believe the temp portion of that guage is for outside air temp. Lastly, since not all 1200's have a oem voltmeter they included that as well.

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Yes the top part is an altimeter. This is a strange little accessory I just want to see if I can get it working. Mostly wanted to see if anyone had seen this thing before. I've seen a few wings and this is the first time I had ever seen one. It would also be nice to get the volt gauge working because the one by the stereo reads 19.9 volts most of the time. I checked at the battery and it reads about 13.5 so I think it don't work so good.

·
Premium Member
229 Posts
imported post

I own a 1200 LTD voltmeter is right side the radio and the temp is in the instrument cluster your travel computer can switch fuel to oil pressure and temp and back,That looks like a after market install or some odd ball stuff Honda put on the bike I'm game.

·
Administrator
1987 GL1200 Interstate
22,749 Posts
imported post

I've seen those before. A long time ago. It is Hondaline but if it's not working I really doubt you will find parts to fix it.

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

I've seen those before. A long time ago. It is Hondaline but if it's not working I really doubt you will find parts to fix it.

Kinda what I thought. This bike has enough wiring on it anyway no since in adding to the confusion. And believe me after trying to trace out wires on this thing Its making a plane Jane Interstate look really appealing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.