Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hello all...Have been the proud owner of a 1984 Aspencade for about 3 weeks now.Ran onto this site and have been looking/watching and decided to sign-up.Have already found some very good information about 1984 Aspencades here.Decided to put a voltmeter on it and it was really no big deal. Got a meter at AutoZone for about $15.00. Just wired it into the accessory terminals on the fuse box. These are fused and only hot when switch is on. Made a "L" shaped bracket and mounted it to the left side of the righthand storage box on the fairing. From what I have been reading here, a voltmeter on these models can sure save you a lot of headaches. Had a 1995 Kaw. Vulcan Model 88...the wife and I decided that we needed a little more comfortable ride. We're both very pleased with the Aspencade. Thanks all for the good information and tips on this forum...shydog

·
Best looking member
3,107 Posts
imported post

Welcome Shydog, You will find this to be the best and friendliest Goldwing site on the web. Hopefully you have read alot of the posts about your generation of bike. Such as removing the connector with the 3 yellow wires in it under the left side cover, in front of the battery and soldering the wires directly together. And also to check for the main fuse housing under the plastic boot behind the battery on the same side, check for heat damage here. You may want to consider the wiring harness available from a member on this site. I understand it helps to eliminate alot of grief with those bikes. Good Luck and enjoy

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
imported post

Welcome Shydog, this is the friendliest GoldWing site on the web and when you find something you don't quite understand, you will get the answer here.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.