Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks,

I have a 1984 Goldwing Interstate ... with a Voyager Trike Kit on it.
I would very much like to hear from other Voyager owners about the setup.

I want to make the most of the ride, comfort, performance, etc. I need to know things like ... how much air pressure you run in front and rear bike tires. How much air you run in front forks and rear shocks. How about the kit tires how much air pressure there?

Any other tips or information that wil help me to have as comfortable/stable ride as possible.

I do like the the whole getup. Bought with trike kit already on it. Got about 1200 miles on her. It's starting to feel comfortable, but I am hoping for some tweaks that will maximize the trike experience.
- Thanks- Sirkitrider

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
I had one on my 1500. What specifics would you like an opinion about?

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had one on my 1500. What specifics would you like an opinion about?
Hey Rudy, Well mine is a 1200 but I guess the basics would still apply.

Amount of air in MC tires and the trike tires and reshocks and front forks.

I'm running 32 in MC tires. 20 in the trike tires. No air in forks -PS. 40 pounds in the rear. Seems like a pretty good setup. Just wondering about other's experience.

Have run up to 40 in front tire and 36 in rear. It's ok, but makes for a bumper ride.

Handling is ok, I think, seems to me anyway. Rebuilt front forks with PS's and a new tire made a huge difference.

Sirkitrider

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
Voyager recommends running the rear shocks at max so your setup looks pretty good to me if the pre-load was set up properly.
Also I had a small wood bolt inserted in the right side of the forward mounting plate to accommodate for some of the road slope on the right.
It's a springy sucker I'll give it that.

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Voyager recommends running the rear shocks at max so your setup looks pretty good to me if the pre-load was set up properly.
Also I had a small wood bolt inserted in the right side of the forward mounting plate to accommodate for some of the road slope on the right.
It's a springy sucker I'll give it that.
Thanks Rudy. - Sirkitrider

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.