Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an 1 to 4 intake that has a Holley 1940 carb on it have rebuilt it it wont take so i am going to try vw bug carb the intake is the same bolt pattern on it to take a vw carb the problem i have is the studs are straight up the vw is straight down is there a spacer adapter that will allow me bolt it to my intake so i can put a vw carb on it with out buying a new intake

·
Administrator
26,162 Posts
Can you not remove the studs?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes on my intake but have no way to tighten the vw carb the nuts will be in the inside of the intake

·
Premium Member
3,741 Posts
Can you remove the studs from the VW carburetor...??? Could need some drilling....!!

Then set the VW carburetor down over the studs on the intake, Tighten with a washer and nut....!!.....

·
Administrator
26,162 Posts
Yes on my intake but have no way to tighten the vw carb the nuts will be in the inside of the intake
I see. You would probably have to make an adapter plate and turn the carb 90 degrees.

·
Premium Member
3,741 Posts
The best "Custom" GL1200 I ever saw was done by Phillip Sanford in TN.

I saw it in 1993.in Knoxville, TN.........!!

Yep, it had "one" carb feeding four cylinders.....!!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Can you remove the studs from the VW carburetor...??? Could need some drilling....!!

Then set the VW carburetor down over the studs on the intake, Tighten with a washer and nut....!!.....
one of the holes in the vw carb is to close to the bowl to do that

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you for your great advice I have fabed a intake from some 1/4 flat stock and a1 x21/2 nipple this is all carbon steel was looking to see it anybody new if there was one that I could get that was a little lighter thank you all very much

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I also have a problem with my front brakes is there a special way to bleed them just can’t get them to build pressure thanks for any help

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
I changed my brake lines to braided lines and had problems like yours,I took the line off at the masr cylinder and held my finger over the hole and pumped the handle and then it built pressure and the it pumped up at the caliper

Reactions: david_root2000

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i here what you are saying but out of all tested witch was the best i mean no disrespect i am new with goldwings i just want to get my bike ready to ride

1 - 14 of 14 Posts