Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have cruising boards on my 1995 Aspencade and I really like them. I am having trouble finding similar boards to fit the 1999 SE. I started to change the engine guards to get the old boards on the newer bike but found out they are not interchangable. Went looking and cannot seem to find this typeto fitthe 99 engine guards. I may be using the wrong terminology in my searching. I would like the cruising boards in the top picture to fit the engine guard in the bottom picture.

Thanks for any ideas.

·
mr irrelevant
2,205 Posts
imported post

Larry, I have a set of markland boards similar to the ones on your 95, they mount to only one rail. Im thinking its just a case of finding a set of different mounts for them. Other choice would be to switch the engine guards too.

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

tmdriverwannabe can you tell me where to find them? I have been looking on the internet and can't seem to find them.What company sells them? Do you know the model number or any way to identify them? I already triedchanging the engine guards but they are not interchangable.

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
imported post

Markland was probly the only manuf of that type of highway pegs but either they are out of bidness or just don't make M/C stuff anymore. Try kuryakyn, they do make the best peg stuff.

·
mr irrelevant
2,205 Posts
imported post

Larry, i know i have read on here about people changing the guards over, dont know why they wouldnt interchange and maybe someone else can help with that. As far as knowing a place to find them other than ebay i'm sorry but i dont. If you need me to take pics of the them that i can do for you. These were already on the bike when i bought it.

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Thanks newday777. I went there and found them.

tmdriverwannabe the earlier engine guards do not fit because they made either the head or the valve cover a little larger. I was going to change them and use spacers to make them fit. Then I discovered that the tupperware would not fit the new guard position.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.